Overview What makes you a great fit for Healthcare Security?
- You have strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and proven de-escalation skills.
- You take an empathetic approach to conflict resolution and enjoy being a part of the solution. You celebrate diversity and welcome the opportunity to interact with a variety of individuals.
- You are calm under pressure, and confident in your problem-solving abilities.
- You understand the importance of confidentiality in the workplace.
- You can perform all physical aspects of the job, which includes walking up to 20km/shift, walking up/down stairs, and pushing/pulling 30-pound doors.
- You hold a valid AB Security license or are willing to obtain one prior to commencing work with Paladin Security.
Job Skills / Requirements
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the security industry, where you can apply your amazing communication and de-escalation skills to help others? If so, Paladin Security's Healthcare Division may be the right fit for you!
We are looking for friendly and confident Security Professionals to work at a variety of healthcare facilities in Calgary and surrounding areas. This includes hospitals, private clinics, long-term care facilities, and more. Our Healthcare managers work with our employees to find a position and worksite that works well for their lifestyles.
Healthcare Security can be a physically and emotionally demanding job. Security Professionals are responsible for providing support, empathy, customer service, and public safety to not only healthcare staff, but also visitors, clients, and patients. The dynamic environments that our Security Professionals work in can be both enjoyable and exciting, but also stressful. Our industry-leading Healthcare managers provide 24-hour support for our employees, with an emphasis on proactively minimizing risks and responding to incidents with real-time guidance. A day in the life of a Healthcare Security Guard:
While your general duties will vary based on your worksite, you can expect to perform the following tasks in this role:
- Provide access control in/out of the facility, as well as within restricted areas of the facility.
- Monitor and respond to incidents identified around property, including on cameras.
- Conduct patrols of the facility, monitoring for risks such as unlocked doors, blocked entrances/exits, mechanical issues, hazardous materials, and general security breaches.
- Respond to alarms and emergency calls for assistance.
- Investigate and report any irregularities that are identified through the course of your duties.
- Monitor patient safety, documenting and reporting incidents as required.
Education Requirements (Any) High School Diploma/GED Additional Information / Benefits We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview. Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Health Care Law Enforcement and Security