Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experiences and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! Whether you're an experienced security professional, working towards a career in law enforcement, or have never considered security before, if you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you! Job Skills / Requirements
Healthcare Security Guards work at a variety of health facilities. The job may be physically and emotionally demanding due to the various emergencies and the stress they may bring. This job requires applicants to work a 4 on 4 off rotation both days and overnight shifts, including weekends.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Access control within and out of the facilities and report or investigate
• While on patrol, monitor risks such as unlocked doors, blocked entrances and
exits, mechanical issues, hazardous material and additional breaches of
• Monitor patient safety and report and changes to Protective Services and/or
• Monitoring situations, cameras, property and events
• Report all incidents as per specific site regulations
• Respond to alarms and emergency calls for assistance
• Ability to obtain a valid security license
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills while remaining professional
with a tactful demeanor.
• Ability to write comprehensive reports and maintain routine logs
• Ability to make immediate decisions, while maintaining composure in
emergency response situations with minimal supervision
• Discretion when handling confidential and private information.
• The ability to perform under pressure and in adversity.
• Ability to walk 18/20km and stairsEducation Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GEDCertification Requirements (Any)
Valid Alberta Security License
First Aid, CPR Level C
Management of Aggressive Behaviour (MOAB)
Valid Class 5 Drivers LicenseAdditional Information / Benefits
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply online at www.paladinsecurity.com/careers. Only those applicants who are short-listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Full and Part-Time
position 1st Shift
, 2nd Shift
, 3rd Shift
Law Enforcement and Security