Overview Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you! Job Skills / Requirements
Security Professionals work at a variety of healthcare facilities in Edmonton and surrounding areas. This job may be both physically and emotionally taxing due to the various emergencies and the stressors that may be associated with the environment. Security personnel in healthcare settings are expected to work in dynamic environments and will provide support, empathy, customer service, and public safety to patients, other healthcare staff, visitors, clients, and all other stakeholders. This job requires applicants to work both days and overnight shifts, including weekends. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Access control within and out of the facilities and report or investigate irregularities
- While on patrol, monitor risks such as unlocked doors, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical issues, hazardous material and additional breaches of security
- Monitor patient safety and report and changes to Protective Services and/or Nursing staff
- Monitoring situations, cameras, property and events
- Report all incidents as per specific site regulations
- Respond to alarms and emergency calls for assistance
- Holding an Alberta Security license, or have the ability to obtain a valid Alberta Security license
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills while remaining professional with a tactful demeanor.
- Ability to write comprehensive reports and maintain routine logs
- Ability to make immediate decisions, while maintaining composure in emergency response situations with minimal supervision
- Discretion when handling confidential and private information.
- The ability to perform under pressure and in adversity.
- Ability to walk 18/20km and stairs
Additional Information / Benefits We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview. Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Health Care Law Enforcement and Security