Gregg Distributors is a well established and growing industrial supplies distributor that has been serving Western Canadians for over 49 years.
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Heavy Duty Lead Mechanic to join our team at our professional, approved CVIP Truck Repair facility in Edmonton. This individual will be one of three mechanics who, together as a team, are responsible for servicing and maintaining our fleet of vehicles. Currently, our fleet includes over 100 vehicles that range from single axle diesel units to highway tractors. The successful candidate will be an individual who enjoys being hands-on and should be a versatile heavy duty mechanic with a background in modern emission controlled vehicles.
We offer a very attractive starting salary of $8000.00/month, plus benefits and bonus program. In addition, we also offer several other unique programs, perks and incentives.
- Perform regular scheduled maintenance and service (includes but is not limited to oil changes, brakes, exhausts, tire rotations, front end and suspension)
- Analyze, troubleshoot and provide diagnostic repair and service for mechanical failures
- Inspect and test repaired vehicles/equipment for proper operation
- Maintain a clean work area in order to ensure our mechanics have a functional and efficient environment to work within
- Take on maintenance repair projects and see them to completion
- Communicate with management regarding the status of vehicle repairs in order to help ensure consistent throughput
- Advise and make recommendations to management pertaining to future vehicle requirements
- Other mechanical repair work as required
- Diverse, well rounded experience in diesel motor vehicle service and repair work is considered beneficial
- Background and knowledge with emission controls
- Ability to work well in a professional, structured and at times, a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively work independently and/or as part of a team
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to motivate and lead a team of people
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work closely alongside our management teams at both our Truck Repair Facility and our Head Office
- Possess strong communication skills
- A valid Class 3 driver’s license with air brake is required
- A Class 1 driver’s license is a definite asset.
Why Work for Gregg’s?
We offer many unique incentive programs that help to benefit not only the lives of our staff members, but their families as well. Here are just a few examples of what we include in our Gregg’s Employment Advantage:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- An attractive quarterly productivity bonus program
- R.R.S.P Program
- Investment/equity opportunities
- Housing Assistance
- Travel Rewards
- Scholarship opportunities for the children of employees
- Employment referral programs
- Opportunities to enjoy additional time away from work
We thank all candidates who apply to our position however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.