At EVRAZ, our strength starts with our people! As a team we collaborate to solve problems, contribute ideas and challenge each other to ensure growth and ultimately success for the business and our employees. Job Description and Responsibilities
Operate and maintain heavy, motorized equipment for purposes of unloading/loading of ferrous materials in a safe and efficient manner. In conjunction with the scale operator and office staff; unloads customers and maintains a steady flow in and out of the yard by minimizes traffic congestion.EVRAZ is committed to maintaining and promoting a safe, healthy and injury-free environment. It is required for all jobs.
- Operate heavy motorized equipment used in loading/unloading of ferrous material, including, but not limited to loaders, excavator/mobile shear, material handler and other equipment used to support the variety of activities essential to the yard operations
- Perform preventative maintenance as required including checking all fluids to ensure motorized equipment is properly maintained
- Perform minor repairs as required
- Load trucks accurately (proper weights), safely, efficiently and communicate via radio to scale personnel for confirmation of material loaded and any issues that may come up
- Unload transports with ferrous materials, safely and efficiently, clean (sweep) trailers of excess material
- Stock pile/sort metals and place in the designated areas
- Use hand-held mobile radio devices to effectively coordinate tasks and resources with yard and scale personnel
- Maintain accurate logs and records daily, weekly and monthly and/or as required by supervision
- Performs other duties as they might be assigned
- Completion of High School and/or equivalent
- Knowledge of yard operations
- Must have 2 years of experience operating heavy motorized equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of ferrous metals and classifications
- Customer focus: takes responsibility for developing excellent customer service making sure that all purchases are handled professionally and expeditiously
- Communication Skills: communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing and/or via mobile radio devices
- Team Player: establishes trust with team members, stating clear expectations and recognizes group morale and acts to protect and/or build as required
- Self-motivated: initiates and takes action before being required to do so. Strong work ethic: uses time efficiently, works safely and ensure everyone around him is working safely
- Ability to push, pull and lift materials up to 70 lbs.
Our total compensation package includes amazing benefits!
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted. Equal Opportunity Employer
- Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Competitive retirement plans
- Paid vacations and statutory holidays
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
EVRAZ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
EVRAZ North America is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com
or call: (312) 533-3577. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Join a team that manufactures excellence, drives success and builds careers!
Customer Service and Support