High Voltage Apparatus Technologist / Western Canada: Harvey 2462
We have an exciting opportunity for a High Voltage Apparatus Technologist within Western Canadian operations, for Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Saskatoon.
Reporting to a Field Services Manager, the successful candidate will be accountable for the installation, commissioning, maintenance, and repair of medium, and high voltage electrical equipment.
This position requires the ability to troubleshoot to ensure exceptional client experiences.
We are a privately-owned, electrical engineering and technical field services firm established in 1982 in Edmonton, Alberta.
Since this time, our company has grown steadily, and we have offices in both North and South America, and have completed projects on six continents.
Our company provides a wide range of services relating to power, lighting, and control systems including Engineering, Project Management, Field Testing & Commissioning, Design Build, Equipment Manufacturing, and Maintenance.
Our full membership with NETA (International Electrical Testing Association) and various Engineering Associations reflect our commitment to providing quality services.
The growth and success of our company is attributed to our talented teams of Engineers, Technologists, Power System Electricians, and other Professionals who are committed to delivering superior client experiences.
We are always on the lookout for client focused, dedicated, and motivated individuals to join our team.
We will provide you with a rewarding place to work, the training you need to succeed, and the development opportunities you need to grow.
- Work safely, independently and effectively on medium, and high voltage electrical equipment in a variety of environments, including but not limited to high voltage substations
- Work with project teams effectively through collaboration, support, team focus and client focus
- Complete testing and commissioning on specialized equipment including in “Brownfield” energized substations
- Complete maintenance and commissioning of SF6 breakers and large GSU transformers
- Complete maintenance and commissioning of disconnect switches and other primary and secondary power equipment
- Experience working safely around energized electrical equipment
- Confidently work with various brands of testing and troubleshooting equipment
- Confidently understand and interpret test results; must be able to clearly explain interpreted results in a clear and concise manner
- Complete technical report writing
- Ability to read manufacturers drawings
- Ability to communicate with a Person-In-Charge or Control Room Operator
- Interact with clients in a courteous and professional manner
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Train, mentor and develop junior team members
- Assist with quotations, proposals and estimating
- Complete job safety audits and safety documentation
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 to 15 years of experience as an Electrical Technologist/ Electrical Field Technician/Electrical Engineer/Power Systems Electrician (compensation will be commensurate with experience)
- 5 to15 years of experience with hands-on field experience with substation/apparatus electrical testing
- Electrical Engineering degree, PSE (Power Systems Electrician), or CET (Certified Engineering Technologist is a must
- NETA certification is an asset
- Experience with Doble, Vanguard, Omicron, Megger test equipment is a must
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to self-manage with proven initiative and client focus
- Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent time management skills with an attention to detail
- The ability to work flexible shifts, which include weekends, evenings and statutory holidays
- The ability to travel for project durations of 2 - 6 months with shift schedules of up to 3 weeks of working days.
- Team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A positive, “can-do” attitude
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on experience
Benefits package is available after 3 months that includes, extensive health & dental coverage.
- Assigned vehicle
- 4% matching RSP program
- Comprehensive benefit plan through Manulife as attached
- Wage in the range of $65/hr - $80 per hour really depending on experience, total comp package, etc.
- Eligible for Overtime
- LOA of $55 per day
- Travel expenses
- 3 paid personal days per year
- 4 weeks paid vacation time
Our company, genuinely cares about our people and we want to set you up for success with opportunities for career advancement
Maintenance and Technicians