Requisition ID: 46554
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose:
The Home Financing Advisor (HFA) is responsible for maximizing the development of residential mortgage business from third party referral sources such as real estate agents, lawyers, financial planners, center's of influence with the goal of bringing new customers to the Bank for cross-sell opportunities.
The HFA has aggressive sales and revenue targets which require strong sales management experience and proven relationship, customer focus and marketing skills. Key Accountabilities:
1. Deliver objectives as measured within a Balanced Scorecard (BSC) that includes (but is not limited to);
- Financial Objectives: as set out in team partnership including specific goals related to funded mortgage volume, cross-sell, key partner development, productivity;
- Customer Experience: measured by survey results (Business to Customer and Business to Business);
- Operational Effectiveness: risk, compliance, operational process.
2. Generate sales or revenue through the development and growth of profitable mortgage business and new customers to the bank, through Home Financing Solutions, by;
- Achieving sales targets by applying sales principles with referral sources and retail customers.
- Developing referral leads from satisfied clients and spend a significant amount of time on prospecting new clients;
- Applying business development skills to originate and relationship manage a third party network of referral sources to build a pipeline of mortgage business;
- Developing and implementing a sales business plan, which includes a contact and appointment program designed to develop new sources of referral business. This includes, but is not limited to, a weekly touch base with potential sources, regularly scheduled face to face meetings, e-mail and flyer drop program, produce support material for sources such as open house kits, set service standards for availability, hold seminars for sources, attend trade shows etc.;
- Planning and implementing a marketing program, which can include advertising, joint marketing with sources, past customer database, networking clubs, community service clubs etc.;
- Conducting local mortgage seminars (i.e. First Time Homebuyers), representing the Bank at industry related functions (Real Estate and Home Builders Association functions, conferences), etc.;
- Establishing ethical, high quality referral source relationships, which meet the Business Code of Conduct, as set out each year by the Bank;
3. Ensure a high level of client service with focus on growing relationships with customers for the Bank by:
- Building and implementing a high quality customer service model to ensure all deals close with the Bank, maximizing opportunity to obtain referrals from satisfied customers; implement a contact program for approved and pre approved customers;
- Identifying and action opportunities to achieve sales and cross-sell goals through the identification and satisfaction of customer needs. Implement a contact program for select approved and pre-approved customers;
- Contributing to the provision of human, straightforward and knowledgeable service through daily interactions, to foster a relationship of mutual trust and confidence with customers and business partners.
- Facilitating prompt turnaround times and ensuring accuracy, courtesy and knowledgeable service when dealing with HFA, clients and/or external mortgage referral sources;
- Driving the development of other Bank business for the branches in the area being served by maintaining a basic knowledge of other Bank products and services and facilitating cross-sell opportunities in order to establish an ongoing banking relationship between mortgage clients and the servicing branch;
4. Contribute to the promotion of and effective processing of mortgage business by working closely with Partners and adhering to the Partnership Agreement by:
- Working with branch partners to entrench Key Partners program, Realtor Referral Lead program, customer closing process, and attending branch meetings, Today Show and huddles per a planned schedule; meeting with branch manager by appointment to update business and discuss partnership;
- Promoting the benefits of the Key Partners loyalty program with referral sources and the Realtor Referral Lead generation program to Branch staff;
- Interviewing and taking applications: Obtain all pertinent personal and credit information, confirm employment salary, source of down payment and submit application, and supporting documents, with recommendation for approval;
- Ensuring high quality submissions to Mortgage Operations and Sales Effectiveness (MOSE) (previously known as ACMUC) , including collecting supporting documentation up front where possible, follow-up on outstanding conditions, work with branch partner for cross sell of other Bank products, focus on Loss of Life Protection (LOLP), Health Crisis Protection (HCP) and Disability Insurance (DI);
- Notifying the client of approval and introducing the customer to the Branch to establish an ongoing banking relationship between the client and the servicing branch;
5. Minimize the Bank's exposure to risk by:
- Meeting with customers in person to ensure compliance with the Bank " Know Your Customer" requirements, obtain proper authorization to obtain credit reports, determine customer needs and offer financial strategies;
- Maintaining the confidentiality of Bank and client information;
- Being fully aware of and complying with the Bank's Privacy Code and Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Maintaining strict adherence to established operating and security procedures by: adhering to established Bank regulations and procedures within assigned authority and responsibility; Reporting any unusual occurrences or fraudulent activity to the supervisor immediately; Completing all required training (e.g.: Anti Money laundering; Guidelines for Business Conduct).
- Maintaining current knowledge of mortgage lending policies and procedures and of the real estate market/property values/sales trends/competitor programs in the area necessary to respond appropriately to business requirements
- Although a regulated industry, no Mortgage accreditation or designations currently exists
- Industry specific University degree or College diploma and 3-5 years of industry related experience.
- Expert credit knowledge
- Expert residential mortgage product knowledge, including policy and process
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Lethbridge || Canada : Alberta : Medicine Hat
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Business Development, Real Estate, Mortgage, Finance, Sales
Posted: February 14, 2019
Closes: April 15, 2019