HR Business PartnerSlave Lake, AB
The HR business partner (HRBP) provides the functional expertise and foundational people support to safely drive productivity and engagement within the Business Units. The HRBP is a proactive partner with Operations and Woodlands, providing professional guidance, assistance and expertise related to Tolko’s people practices.
The HRBP will handle generalist responsibilities including onboarding of new employees; training and development; employee & labour relations; performance & talent management; recruitment workflow; people metrics collection & reporting; safety program support; and partnership with line management to solve people and business problems or support special projects. The HRBP will work closely with the HR Manager to support corporate HR initiatives and drive divisional talent and business strategies.Qualifications:
- Minimum three to five (5) years’ human resources generalist experience with all components of the human resources function;
- Previous experience with trades/apprenticeship recruitment and retention desirable.
- Post–secondary education in Human Resources or a related discipline;
- A continuing record of professional development
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Employment Standards, WCB &Safety Legislation;
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal skills;
- A high level of proficiency with Excel, Word and Power Point;
- Experience with HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems;
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills an work in both team and self-directed environment.
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our mills throughout Western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!We offer:
For more information, check out our latest YouTube video!A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side-by-side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until March 29, 2019.We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.