At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The opportunity:
We are looking for an intellectually curious, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking HR professional passionate about talent management to join our team as an HR Consultant for our Advisory and Business Enablement business units.
After gaining a deep understanding of our business model and the employee culture, you will have the opportunity to propose and implement new ideas in various HR cycles, ranging from performance management, recognition, retention, leadership development, compensation, and employee listening. You'll help our leaders better understand, develop, engage, and retain their talented employees.
You have an eye for understanding human factors and take a keen interest in the various components of talent management and their impact on organizations. You'll leverage your experience and organizational knowledge to suggest bold initiatives which help elevate the HR function and the effectiveness of our business.
If you are someone who would like to support a team that is "doing and thinking differently" and you are not afraid to bring new ideas and fresh perspectives to the table, then we want to hear from you. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Provide support to Advisory and Business Enablement on HR annual processes including talent reviews, organizational effectiveness, compensation, recognition, employee listening, and employee engagement.
- Be a privileged advisor to Business Unit Leaders, Develop Leaders and people managers, and provide advice and support in the execution of their accountabilities and the implementation of HR programs and processes.
- Create opportunities to influence the culture and direction of our HR practices, including diversity and employee wellness. You'll support the implementation of talent strategies and plans aligned with business needs.
- Partner with leaders to create and implement employee engagement plans developed based on employee listening surveys and other qualitative and quantitative data points.
- Support leaders and their teams in creating a diverse and inclusive work environment by identifying opportunities to embed diversity and inclusion in processes, programs, and initiatives.
- Work closely with KPMG's HR community in Calgary and across the country to have an impact and make your mark. You'll partner with colleagues in KPMG's HR Centres of Excellence including Total Rewards, Employee Experience, Inclusion, Diversity & Equity, and Employee Relations to bring deep HR knowledge and expertise to your client groups.
Keys to your success:
- Intellectual curiosity and agility.
- Superior business acumen, and innovative thinking.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver tasks for a wide range of colleagues and ease in meeting deadlines.
- Confident communicator who is at ease expressing your opinion in a tactful manner.
- Critical thinking skills to challenge traditional approaches and the curiosity and willingness to promote new approaches that will impact employee performance.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with your clients, gain credibility, and be viewed as a credible HR advisor.
- 4 - 6 years of experience in Human Resources in a fast-paced, corporate environment or related transferable skills.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or a related field and post-secondary diploma or certificate in HR.
- Excellent proficiency with MS Office and other technologies is an asset.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
- Outstanding communication skills (oral & written), with the ability to interact confidently with all levels of management
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to coach and develop others
- Excellent problem solving skills with the quick aptitude to apply sound judgement to different scenarios
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.