Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary; Ottawa; Toronto
External Posting Description
With growing levels of market disruption and uncertainty, our clients are seeing the increasing importance of shifting away from traditional hierarchies towards more adaptable, outcome-focused, organizational structures. Today, organizations must better understand how they exist within, and take advantage of, a broader ecosystem - and how they can continue to evolve, grow, and adapt within it. It is time to REIMAGINE organizations.
The Human Capital practice in Calgary is currently seeking a Manager for their Organizational Design (OD) team.
As a Manager in the Organizational Design team, you will join the largest Org Design practice in Canada, tackling some of the most complex strategic and organizational challenges facing our clients. As a result, you will be part of the thought leadership and advisory team to help business leaders redesign how work gets done.
Some of the duties and responsibilities attributable to this role include (but are not limited to):
- Developing and implement organization strategies that support improved client future-state organizational design and service delivery.
- Leveraging industry knowledge and commercial insight to serve as a trusted senior advisor to client team and consulting team through the Organization Design and / or transformation process.
- Managing the process for preparing organization design alternatives, testing them against design criteria, and aligning leadership groups around design selection and implementation.
- Applying analytic and visualization tools to assess the impact of varying design and decision solutions.
- Managing the process of identifying, assigning, and implementing decision making authority and responsibility to both individuals (decision rights) and groups (governance).
- Preparing workforce transition plans and programs, including strategies to transition talent at all levels.
- Designing jobs and roles, create competency models and career paths to aid in the selection and transition of employees.
- Serving as a trusted advisor to clients through the organization design process.
- Leading and contributing to practice development initiatives including culture building, internal community involvement, eminence, recruiting, whitepapers, etc.
- Driving business development efforts, including Statements of Work (SOW), proposal development, client presentations, etc.
- Acting in a mentoring capacity to support the career development of OD and HC colleagues.
- Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong ability in understanding how organizations function, and how human capital and organization effectiveness are enabled.
External Posting Qualifications
In addition, in order to succeed as a Manager within this team the following skills, qualifications, and experiences are required:
- Previous professional services / consulting experience within a reputable firm.
- Strong understanding of the connection between business strategy and organizational levers.
- Significant experience with Organization Design and managing complex organizational transformations.
- Comfort and familiarity with working collaboratively across a wide cross-section of advisory disciplines including Strategy & Operations, Technology, Innovation, Risk, and Financial Advisory Services, to tackle our client's issues holistically.
- Passion for leading local teams of OD practitioners and growing the business through high quality of work and delivery.
- Comfort with combining both qualitative and quantitative analysis to solve business problems.
- A demonstrated ability to manage multi priorities and deliver commitments on time.
- Attention to detail and commitment to deliver high-quality work products.
- An ability and experience to anticipate the long term impact of all decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving.
- A strong commitment to professional and client service excellence.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- A willingness to travel within Canada and/or globally as required
In addition, candidates who possess the following will be treated with priority:
- MBA or Post graduate degree and/or a professional designation.
- Candidates with experience supporting clients in the (MARKETPLACE) sectors with change management programs.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply