EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, advisory and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
The Human Resources Business Partner acts as the first point of contact for employees and leaders in select national practices or select practices in a geographic area. The incumbent will possess deep understanding of the business needs and strategy of the practice/area; understand how to translate these needs into relevant talent initiatives and work to ensure successful implementation of key, high-touch people processes and initiatives, aligned with the business strategies. Your key responsibilities
• Serves as first point of contact for employees and senior leaders in select practices/areas. • Coordinates and communicates extensively with Market and Sub Service Line leaders to design and deliver talent initiatives; provide coaching and guidance to support Advisory's strategic growth agenda • In coordination with members of the Advisory Talent team, helps execute major talent processes including compensation planning, performance management, talent development, onboarding / integration, workforce planning and employee engagement strategies across a geography or practice area • Leads all aspects of program design, planning and implementation of one or more national talent programs across Advisory, working closely with the Advisory Talent team and the practice. Examples may include LEAD, Talent Review, Counselling Family Strategy etc. • Serves as the first point of contact on employee relations issues; manages/handles issues as appropriate (communicating with Talent Team and practice leadership); escalates issues, as needed • Works closely with Recruitment, Experience Management and practice leadership to deliver effectively against the workforce plan • Coordinates with Development Consultants on program implementation (such as GPS, Counsellor Excellence etc.) • Coordinates with Talent Shared Services team to ensure proper handling of administrative issues and needs. To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience • Minimum of 5-8 years relevant experience in an HR Generalist /Business Partner role • Proficiency in the following competencies:
• ability to manage multiple priorities; thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment • strong business acumen; understands the professional service industry • relationship-building skills • experience and understanding of employment legislation • strong communication skills • able to operate effectively and independently in a new environment; using good judgement and experience to support decision-making
• What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry • Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.