Human Resources Coordinator
Reference ID: 307556
Law Enforcement and Security
Paladin Security was established in 1976 as a provider of basic Security Officer services. From modest beginnings with four employees and one contract, Paladin has grown into one of the largest security companies in Canada, with 25 offices from coast to coast and over 10,000 employees. With our award-winning culture, we pride ourselves in fostering a learning environment as we believe in helping each of our employees grow and reach their full potential!
The Human Resources Coordinator is a role primarily responsible for compliance with the Calgary Human Resources team. They are responsible tor work with the operations team for the day to day needs of training and compliance while supporting in the administrative functions of the HR department. This position is an associate level role.
This position is Monday to Friday 0900-1700, but is subject to change as necessary.
Job Skills / Requirements
1. Maintaining Human Resources files, hire paperwork and confidential files, both electronic and physical copies
2. Providing recruitment support such as attending career fairs and supporting the interview process as needed during hiring fairs
3. Provide employees with the new hire paperwork, and ensure that are necessary documents are completed, collected, and accurate.
4. Process all separation documents to provide payroll with information regarding monies owed for training, licensing and outstanding uniform items. Contact Guards with outstanding uniforms and coordinate returns.
5. Responsible for compliance codes, licensing and training updates into our HRIS system TEAM.
6. Responsible for all administrative functions for the Human Resource department; including, but not limited to, answering emails and phones, file management, data entry, and general inquiries to department and is responsible to ensure all employee files are compliant with the Solicitor General and all other governing bodies
7. Responsible for employee photo collection and upload into TEAM
8. All other duties as assigned
• A diploma or degree in Human Resources
• High regard for accuracy and attention to detail is a must
• A minimum of two years experience working in Human Resources
• Proven maturity with the ability to self-start and is a "go-getter"
• Ability to multitask and accommodate short notice changes while working with constant interruptions
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Effectively prioritize completing demands with short deadlines
• Pleasant telephone etiquette and outstanding customer service skills
• Previous administrative experience is an asset
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office
• Ongoing interest in training and personal development
Education Requirements (Any)
Certificate, Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Human Resources
Human Resources, Business or Office Administration
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Information / Benefits
All interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter addressed to Rachel Paul, HR Coordinator through the Paladin Security Careers page at www.paladinsecurity.com/careers , only those applicants who are short-listed will be contacted for an interview.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Holidays
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Regional Manager, People and Culture
This is a Full-Time position
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Posted: June 20, 2018
Closes: August 19, 2018