Deadline for Application: Posting will remain open until filled.
Duration and Term: Permanent – Full-time
The Institute of Health Economics (IHE) is a vibrant and growing research organization seeking a Principal Research Lead (PRL) to support health technology assessment (HTA). The IHE is a not-for-profit organization that assists decision-makers in health policy and practice with results from economic evaluations, costing,organizational performance, and cost-effectiveness analyses, and with synthesesof findings from research in HTA. The IHE’s projects and services include provincial policy studies and national and international collaborations.
Roles and Activities:
The PRL will report to the Manager of the HTA Unit, and is responsible for undertaking HTA projects as assigned by the Manager. The PRL will lead the project team and, in consultation with project requesters and other stakeholders, will develop and formulate research strategies and approaches, undertake critical reviews, analyze and synthesize data from literature or other local sources, prepare HTA reports, and present research findings to project requesters and other stakeholders.
Internal and External Relations, Interfaces, and Teams:
The PRL works closely with all research staff within project teams (including Information Specialists, HTA Researchers, Health Economists, internal/external reviewers, and Document Specialists), as well as individually. The PRL connects with other HTA professionals across Canada and around the world, liaises with visiting Fellows and HTA professionals, and represents the IHE at provincial, national, and international meetings/conferences.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
• APhDin a health- or science-related field, or a Masters plus 5 years post- qualification experience.
• 2 to 3 years of experience in the health sector (government or health research).
• Understands best practices for HTA research methods with a detailed knowledge of HTA methods and processes.
• A broad knowledge of research methods (including primary and secondary) used in the development and application of HTAs and in the peer-review process for scientific reports.
• Knowledge of international HTA standards, and knowledgeable in the Cochrane Collaboration.
• Experienced in conducting systematic reviews and skilled in critical appraisal methods.
• Excellent presentation, writing, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Strong project management and leadership skills to manage concurrent projects, ensuring goals and deadlines are met and quality levels are maintained.
• Ability to communicate with senior academics and senior government policy makers.
• Skilled in use of office, statistical, and bibliographic software programs.
• Able to continuously seek improvement in work and research methods.
• A good understanding of the Alberta healthcare system and knowledge of the decision-making processes within the province would be considered an asset.
• A commitment to personal learning and development is highly desirable.
Salary and Benefits:
Remuneration is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The IHE offers a competitive benefits package.
Please email your application package including a covering letter, resume to [email protected]. Three references are required, but referees will only be approached in the event of a job offer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Institute of Health Economics
The Institute of Health Economics (IHE) is an independent, not-for-profit organization that performs excellence in health economics research and health technology assessment. Our core obj...