Immigration Support Specialist
Reference ID: CAL0013M
As an Immigration Support Specialist, you will be part of our EY Law LLP team to provide our clients with integrated, quality services. You will manage a range of business immigration services to multinational clients who recruit employees to work and live in Canada.
Your key responsibilities
As an Immigration Support Specialist, you will provide day-to-day support to the staff, senior and management team in all aspects of Canadian immigration client accounts. Additional responsibilities include providing support for billing processes and reviewing invoices for accuracy.
Skills and attributes for success
• Using standard email directory to prepare letters for team to government authorities and clients
• Answering telephone, dealing with straightforward queries, taking detailed messages and forwarding to team
• Providing ad hoc support to team members when working on projects, document production, etc.
• Faxing and photocopying correspondence and documents; Arranging and monitoring couriers
• General filing of client documents and file retrieval; Gather, modify, create, maintain and/or track data and reports
• Accessing email and voicemail for team in their absence
• Drafting of basic visa application form and supporting documentation
• Assisting with Immigration clerk caseload as required in their absence
• Attend weekly meetings as scheduled, may also be required to work extra hours during important deadlines (such as month ends, quarter ends, and year ends)
• Responsible for implementing and managing administrative processes in support of our clients and resolve administrative issues and concerns
• Participate in continuous process improvement efforts
• Assist with special projects as requested
• Reconciling government application fee expenses
• Responsible for supporting billing process for local immigration team including downloading work in progress reports, liaising with national finance team and creating invoice request forms.
• Assist with calls to clients' accounts payable department to ensure invoice was received and to determine if any additional information is needed to pay the invoice.
To qualify for the role you must have
• High proficiency in MS Excel (advanced skills)
• High level of analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
• Excellent organization skills and accuracy for processing sensitive client information
• The ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, in large volume, in a fast paced environment with keen attention to clients' needs
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a timely and professional manner
• Flexibility to work additional hours
Ideally, you'll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
• Previous administrative office experience is preferred
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019