Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.Ready to become a key member in the growth of our Assurance Practice? Keep reading!What will your typical day look like?
As an Senior Consultant in Audit, you will be a part of team of like-minded individuals where you will work to contribute to market initiatives. You will be responsible for the development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice. Along with that, you will develop and deliver presentations of your findings to both clients and firm personnel. You are a strategic thinker, and have the ability to not only find the problem that clients are facing, but are able to help them fix it.About the team
Our Audit & Assurance team focuses on enabling CFOs and their Finance teams for success. We focus on applying our knowledge of financial reporting requirements, controls and processes to the operational aspects of Finance - "How" Finance does what it needs to do and where it can enhance the value it brings to the organization. Our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- Bachelor in Accounting or Finance; w orkings towards completing or finished the CPA, CA designation;
- Experience with systems implementation and understanding of the different phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC);
- Strong Financial and Non-Financial Process documentation skills, including, but not limited to: Flowchart diagrams, System landscape diagrams, identification of gaps or weaknesses in processes from both a Systems as well as Financial Controls perspective;
- Functional knowledge of major ERP and other Software solutions including Netsuite, Oracle, SAP (S4/Hana would an asset), Workday, Microsoft Dynamics, Adaptive Insights, IBM Cognos and Oracle Hyperion considered a strong asset;
- Must possess strong advisory technical skills (GAAP, control certification, securities and regulatory, assurance) and knowledge of Public Sector Standards, IFRS, internal controls and risk;
- Must demonstrate familiarity with the Finance function and their related processes;
- Capacity to analyse client needs from a strategic perspective (options available, pros/cons of different options);
- Experienced with documented process and controls, including IT (mapping, design and assessment), project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership;
- Problem solving skills with the ability to identify client needs and streamline financial processes using technology ("find it" and "fix it"); and
- Project management discipline and structure including the ability to execute required tasks and work collaboratively with team.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having a diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production