Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
Our Accounting Infrastructure Assurance team focuses on enabling CFO's and their Finance teams for success. We focus on applying our deep knowledge of financial reporting requirements, controls and processes to the operational aspects of Finance - "How" Finance does what it needs to do and where it can enhance the value it brings to the organization. Our core services include CFO / Finance Effectiveness Workshops, Finance Operating Model Assessments, Finance Process Mapping / Redesign, and "Fix Finance" projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools), and a broad range of Technology Advisory services from assessments, selections, and implementation advisory.
The Accounting Infrastructure Assurance team is rapidly expanding. The team is a dynamic group who are focused on helping clients improve their financial services through systems implementations.
Blackline is a SaaS application that automates different steps in the financial close process including; account reconciliation, task management, matching transactions, system-to-system tie outs, variance analysis, and centralization of journal entry postings. While Workiva is a SaaS application that allows for the streamlining of financial reporting and data collection by decreasing reliance on spreadsheets and improving security features for additional compliance.
We are specifically looking for a Senior Consultant level professional to work within our Technology practice. The candidate would ideally be highly motivated with experience using Blackline and/or Workiva; knowledge and experience with other ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and CPM (Corporate Performance Management) tools is an asset along with any experience supporting clients on implementation projects.
Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop critical skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice. A career in Accounting Infrastructure Services will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a challenging, entrepreneurial, fast growing, and collaborative team environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Develop technological solutions to complex financial problems through debate and discussion, in teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients on a variety of unique engagements
As a Senior Consultant in Accounting Infrastructure Assurance, you will:
- Review and contribute to the planning and execution of projects arising in one or more of our core practices with a particular focus around Blackline and Workiva implementations;
- Execute on mandates with main focus being to implement Blackline and Workiva solutions for our client;
- Develop into a Blackline and Workiva expert, training colleagues and clients on how best each system can fit their financial needs
- Participate in marketing engagements related to the service offerings including demos of the solutions;
- Serve clients located in Montreal and/or support local office teams across the country;
- Contribute to market development and eminence initiatives, including participating in the development of proposals, targeting efforts, and marketing campaigns within the practice;
- Develop and lead timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients (must be able to define best practice use of the software); and
- Assist in the development of materials and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel.
•Identify and embrace our purpose and values,and put them into practice when executing daily tasks/activities
•Enhance personal development skills by actively seeking opportunities for growth, sharing knowledge and experiences with others, and acting as a strong brand ambassador for the firm
•Seek challenging opportunities across businesses and borders and take accountability for personal and team results
•Build relationships and communicate effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
•Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align your work to objectives, and set personal priorities
External Posting Qualifications
- Bachelor in Accounting or Finance;
- Workings towards completing or finished the CPA, CA designation;
- Strong communication skills in French and English (both written and verbal);
- Experience with systems implementation and understanding of the different phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC);
- Strong Financial and Non-Financial Process documentation skills, including, but not limited to: Flowchart diagrams, System landscape diagrams, identification of gaps or weaknesses in processes from both a Systems as well as Financial Controls perspective;
- Functional knowledge of major ERP and other Software solutions including Netsuite, Oracle, SAP (S4/Hana would an asset), Workday, Microsoft Dynamics, Adaptive Insights, IBM Cognos and Oracle Hyperion considered a strong asset;
- Must possess strong advisory technical skills (GAAP, control certification, securities and regulatory, assurance) and knowledge of Public Sector Standards, IFRS, internal controls and risk;
- Must demonstrate familiarity with the Finance function and their related processes;
- Capacity to analyse client needs from a strategic perspective (options available, pros/cons of different options);
- Experienced with documented process and controls, including IT (mapping, design and assessment), project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership;
- Problem solving skills with the ability to identify client needs and streamline financial processes using technology ("find it" and "fix it"); and
- Project management discipline and structure including the ability to execute required tasks and work collaboratively with team.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Manufacturing and Production