In Home Technician
At Rogers, we put our customers first in everything we do! We're growing our Customer Experience teams and are looking for team members who are committed to showing our customers and Canadians that we are with them all the way. Our Customer Experience team is enthusiastic, empathetic, and moved to make a difference -we're passionate about people and ready to provide the ultimate customer experience to our customers. At Rogers, we're committed to connecting Canadians. Ready to build a rewarding career with us? If so, consider the following opportunity:Who we're looking for
We are looking for an In Home Technician in Fort McMurray to be a part of our team that supports millions of customers with Ignite high-speed Internet, Ignite TV, and home phone to keep Canadians connected to the people and things that matter most.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity:What's in it for you?
We believe in investing in our people and helping them reach their potential as valuable members of our team.
- Compensation for this role is based on a piecework model, providing you with autonomy over your earnings.
What you'll do:
- Enjoy discounts up to 50% off Blue Jays tickets, Rogers, and Fido Services, 25% off TSC (Today s Shopping Choice) (Today s Shopping Choice) items, and 20% discount on all wireless accessories sold in Rogers Stores.
- Health & Dental Benefits, Pension plan and Stock Matching options
- Growth & Development opportunities to grow in Field Operations
- Receive mentorship from NCC, HE and other roles outside Tech Ops
- Work for an organization committed to environmental protection.
- We are an organization with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion with employee resource groups supporting equity - including groups representing People of Colour, 2SLGBRTQIA+, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Women.
What you bring:
- Installation of Rogers Ignite products and services including internet, home phone, TV/streaming and smart home monitoring.
- Servicing and maintaining products with in-home support for customers by educating them on the best Rogers has to offer and how to get the best experience with their services.
- Inform customers of enhanced company products to secure increased sales.
- Complete company documentation pertaining to calls in accordance with the department processes and standards.
- Complete all assigned projects within established time parameters and standards.
- Demonstrate behaviours which support the Key Success Factors: Accountability, Adaptability & Customer 1st.
- Exhibit role competencies; Innovation/creative thinking; Problem-solving/judgement; achievement orientation
- Have a valid driver's licence and be able to pass and complete a criminal record check and have a clear driving record.
- Ability to work flexible rotating shifts and schedules, days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Willing and able to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift and move equipment (approx. 80lbs) and work on ladders/poles at heights of up to 40ft.
- Work in crouched position and work in confined spaces, such as attics and crawl spaces.
- Must have knowledge in Wi-Fi and general computer troubleshooting skills.
- Previous technical Telecommunications experience considered an asset but not a requirement.
- Possess and maintain a vehicle (and insurance) that meets Rogers specifications and safety standards
- Possess and maintain appropriate tools and equipment to perform the duties
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 200 Thickwood Blvd. (681), Fort McMurray, AB
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Field Operations & Installation
Requisition ID: 303469
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Customer Experience
Fort McMurray, AB, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Technician, Outside Sales, Equity, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology, Sales, Finance
Apply now »
Information Technology Sales and Marketing