February 28, 2019
Industrial Instrumentation Mechanic positions also available in Sparwood, BC
Teck is currently seeking individuals for the position of Industrial Instrumentation Mechanic. Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, the Industrial Instrumentation Mechanic is responsible for the installation, calibration, repair and maintenance of all electronic process control field instrumentation in a modern coal processing environment. Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety rules and procedures
- Install, calibrate, repair and maintain electronic process control field instrumentation
- Perform in a team-oriented environment of instrumentation and electrical peers
- Perform all aspects of installation where required, including piping and wiring
- Interprovincial Red Seal Instrumentation Mechanic Certification
- Valid driver's license
- Experience in an industrial environment
- Experience with control systems, DCS and PLC experience would be a definite asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for theninth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources Job Segment:
Mechanic, Instrumentation, Electrical, Social Media, Operations, Engineering, Marketing, Mining
- Apply Now
- Apply with LinkedIn
- Please wait...
Posted: February 15, 2019
Closes: April 16, 2019