Every day, thousands of Canadians are working to get us through the COVID-19 pandemic, and GardaWorld is at the forefront of this effort. Join us and help us keep our essential Industrial security services open and safe.
We are seeking temporary personnel to work Industrial projects within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. The candidate is expected to work dayshifts, nightshifts, evenings, and weekends. Transportation from Fort McMurray to Industrial site is provided.
As a security guard in the industrial sector, your responsibilities include access control of the establishment, including monitoring the badging in/out processes, providing professional customer service with above average verbal and written communication. Security guards are expected to diligently follow safety protocols and procedures.
This security guard position is located at an industrial camp north of Fort McMurray. The successful candidates will work in all types of seasonal weather conditions including dusty dry areas.
What you'll be doing
- Access control through the computer system
- Manage contractor access as well as access cards
- Perform daily reports and incident reports
- Act as first responder during events, crisis situations and emergencies
- Perform surveillance rounds
- Occasionally escort maintenance in restricted areas
- Unlock and lock certain areas during monitoring rounds and via Lenel systems
- Foot Patrol of building and grounds
- Pedestrian bag searches and vehicle searches.
What we offer:
- Competitive Medical and Dental Benefits package.
- Competitive hourly wage
- Variable on-call schedule
- Complete uniform
- Career advancement
What we're looking for:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid Alberta security guard licence
- Valid standard first aid - level C (2-day course)
- Security experience
- Intermediate computer skills required
- At ease working as a team and offering excellent customer service
- Must reside within the RMWB
- Must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- Valid class 5 driver's license (No GDL's), with drivers abstract (minimum 5 year clean)
- CSTS and OSSA or BSO or CSO
- Wildlife Awareness and Fit Testing (Training provided during onboarding)
- Pass drug and alcohol testing
The successful applicant must be physically fit, and able to complete multiple foot patrols during a 8-hour shift. Applicants must pass an onboarding exam and demonstrate sound decision-making skills.
ZIP20 GardaWorld: Make the world a safer place
GardaWorld is a global leader in the security industry, offering a wealth of opportunity to individuals looking to gain experience and develop professionally in a growing industry. We offer flexible schedules, diverse work assignments spanning multiple industries, and training and career advancement opportunities. We embrace diversity and welcome newcomers, women, students, retirees, reservists, veterans, and more to join our team, as we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we will communicate only with the selected candidates.Job Segment:
Temporary, Security Guard, Security Officer, Security, Contract
Law Enforcement and Security Transportation and Warehousing