Industrial Security Professional - Fort McMurray
Number of openings for this position: 10
Eligible for Over-Time: YES
Province: Alberta - Northern
Branch Location: Fort McMurray
Job Position: Security Officer
If you are currently living in Fort McMurray, We have a position for you! Paladin Security is the industry leader in full service security nationwide. We have fantastic opportunities for you to start with us and grow into one of our site leaders. It starts with YOU! We have opportunities as Security Officers from which your career path may include work as a Medical Driver or Mobile Patrol Officer.
Paladin Security will welcome you to the family after meeting our requirements of English reading and writing proficiency, an unrestricted Class 5 driver's licence, exceptional customer service skills, a clear criminal record check, a CLEAN Driver's Abstract and Standard First Aid and CPR. A Class 4 Driver's License and any safety tickets are an asset.
As a key member of a national leading Security Company, the Security Officer will:
- Apply their decision-making and strong communication skills to all duties and responsibilities relating to Site Security and Safety.
- Ensure that the Sites Safety and Emergency Procedures are followed in response to Fire Alarms and other Site Emergencies
- Follow Post Orders for each site posted
- Undertake site specific training; follow direction and guidance from Supervisors.
- Conduct traffic and pedestrian control at site access points, and vehicle and bag searches
- Patrol assigned areas on foot or in motor vehicle to ensure personnel, building, and equipment security Monitor the environment for safety infractions or hazards
- Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations
- Offer support to any person in need of assistance
- Contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and integrity of data and information
- Respond to inquiries and request for information in an appropriate manner.
- Utilize two-way radio and computer applications
- Willing to take courses as required by Paladin Security or by the client
- Acts with professionalism and integrity
- Demonstrates an active interest in promoting safety in the workplace
- Motivates, supports and inspires co-workers
- Builds strong, cohesive teams
Paladin Security provides to you:
- Competitive wages with travel incentive
- Uniforms (we provide a monthly dry-cleaning allowance)
- Class 4 Drivers Licence (we reimburse for the costs)
- Security Training and Licence
- Health and Dental benefits (meet the requirements of the plan)
- Unlimited opportunities to grow within a National Company
- Alberta Security License
- Valid Drivers License
- Standard First Aid, CPR Level C
- High School Diploma
Follow-Up Contact Information: Human Resource Department Unit A 604 Signal Road Fort McMurray AB T9H 4Z4
Posted: February 13, 2019
Closes: April 14, 2019