Industrial Security Professional - Fort McMurray
Reference ID: 287187
Law Enforcement and Security
Job Position: Security Officer
Location: Paladin Security - Fort McMurray
If you are currently living in Fort McMurray, We have a position for you!
Paladin Security is the industry leader in full service security nationwide. We have fantastic opportunities for you to start with us and grow into one of our site leaders. It starts with YOU! We have opportunities as Security Officers from which your career path may include work as a Medical Driver or Mobile Patrol Officer.
Paladin Security will welcome you to the family after meeting our requirements of English reading and writing proficiency, an unrestricted Class 5 driver's licence, exceptional customer service skills, a clear criminal record check, a CLEAN Driver's Abstract and Standard First Aid and CPR. A Class 4 Driver's License and any safety tickets are an asset.
Job Skills / Requirements
As a key member of a national leading Security Company, the Security Officer will:
- Apply their decision-making and strong communication skills to all duties and responsibilities relating to Site Security and Safety.
- Ensure that the Sites Safety and Emergency Procedures are followed in response to Fire Alarms and other Site Emergencies
- Follow Post Orders for each site posted
- Undertake site specific training; follow direction and guidance from Supervisors.
- Conduct traffic and pedestrian control at site access points, and vehicle and bag searches
- Patrol assigned areas on foot or in motor vehicle to ensure personnel, building, and equipment security Monitor the environment for safety infractions or hazards
- Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations
- Offer support to any person in need of assistance
- Contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and integrity of data and information
- Respond to inquiries and request for information in an appropriate manner.
- Utilize two-way radio and computer applications
- Willing to take courses as required by Paladin Security or by the client
- Acts with professionalism and integrity
- Demonstrates an active interest in promoting safety in the workplace
- Motivates, supports and inspires co-workers
- Builds strong, cohesive teams
Paladin Security provides to you:
- Competitive wages with travel incentive
- Uniforms (we provide a monthly dry-cleaning allowance)
- Class 4 Drivers Licence (we reimburse for the costs)
- Security Training and Licence
- Health and Dental benefits (meet the requirements of the plan)
- Unlimited opportunities to grow within a National Company
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma
Certification Requirements (Any)
Valid Class 5 Drivers License
Standard First Aid, CPR Level C
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Supervisor
This is a Full and Part-Time position
Relocation is not provided and travel is required consistently
Posted: January 17, 2018
Closes:March 11, 2018