FORT SASKATECHEWAN OR CALGARYThe Opportunity:
At WSP, we're continuing to grow and develop our expertise in Environmental Management, operating as a trusted advisor and technical expert on engineering design for our clients across multiple industries. Our team is growing, and as a result we're adding an Intermediate Air Quality Technician to our group. As part of the Air Quality team in Alberta, you'll be responsible for driving forward our bold plans to enhance our Environmental service offering in the province through your work with a close-knit team of engineering specialists, professionals, and technical staff.
A day in the life:
- You'll be using your expertise to develop and manage ambient air quality sampling programs, including on-site setups, field monitoring, calibration, and maintenance of air quality monitoring equipment.
- Conduct scientific and engineering calculations, report writing, field work and/or field work supervision, data collection and management, statistical analysis, and regulatory consultation.
- Lead , supervise, mentor, and support junior and intermediate air quality technicians
- You'll be managing relationships with internal and external clients as you complete the field programs at our client sites, and ensure that their needs are understood and met, providing your guidance and expertise;
- You'll manage field investigation from the planning stage to the report delivery as part of a specialized team
- Conduct training of other technicians on instruments
- You'll have the ability to innovate and solve technical tasks
- You'll be part of a supportive teams with opportunities to grow
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- At least 5 years of related work experience in the environmental field focused on increasing responsibilities in the air quality field;
- You have strong attention to detail and interest in pursuing a career in Air Quality Monitoring;
- Post-secondary education and experience in chemistry, civil technology, electronics, instrumentation, environmental, atmospheric science, or similar technical field or similar
- Experience with continuous emission monitoring and/or data acquisition systems
- Practical skills to troubleshoot equipment failures and resourcefulness
- You enjoy ambient air quality fieldwork and like to work independently
- Your willingness to continuously learn and your tech savvy skills
- You've got access to a vehicle, a clean Driver's Abstract, and you know your way around the MS Office suite of products;
- You want to experience what it's like to work for the leading environmental consulting firm globally and be part of a growing and thriving team!
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Maintenance and Technicians