Why WSP? Enhance
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
WSP is seeking an Intermediate Aquatic Health Specialist to join our team in our Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, or Saskatoon offices. The successful candidate will have a background in aquatic toxicology, aquatic health assessments, or water and sediment quality and will be responsible for summarizing and presenting biological and chemical data, data analysis and interpretation and scientific writing.A day in the life...
What you'll bring to WSP...
- You use your experience to summarize and present biological and chemical data, and complete data analysis and interpretation and to write scientific reports;
- You will be screening and interpreting chemistry data (water, sediment) to evaluate the potential for adverse effects to aquatic health;
- You will be screening and interpreting toxicology or chemistry data (tissue) relative to monitoring objectives within established study designs;
- You will be a technical lead on projects which will involve technical coordination and co-ordinating logistics;
- You will be developing study designs for aquatics programs;
- You will be deriving site-specific objectives and benchmarks;
- You will be managing relationships with internal and external clients and ensuring that their needs are understood and met by providing your guidance and expertise.
- You have a MSc. degree or higher, with experience in aquatic toxicology, aquatic health assessments, and water and/or sediment quality;
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude, a willingness to learn, and the ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Strong awareness of health and safety issues and a safety-conscious attitude;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with particular attention to detail and accuracy of reporting;
- You know your way around the MS Office suite of products;
- You want to experience what it's like to work for the leading environmental consulting firm globally and be part of a growing and thriving team!
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.