WSP is currently seeking an Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join our Mechanical & Electrical Department, located at our Edmonton office. Reporting to the Edmonton Electrical Engineering Manager, this position will be responsible for achieving a successful outcome of part or all of projects.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the preparation of plans and specifications, preliminary concepts and details with the use of the guidelines
- Electrical design of power distribution, control, communication, lighting, fire alarm and security
- Technical calculations and software use for lighting analyses, load calculations, arc flash, fault & coordination studies, power system design
- Applying a high level of technical and professional electrical engineering and consulting expertise
- Undertakes design calculations
- Reviews and completes requests for proposals, provides input on fees
- Completes high level cost estimates and other budget documents
- Creates and maintain relationships with clients
- Coordinates the resources and complete part or all of projects of various sizes, along with a team of engineers and technicians
- Follow ups on projects to assure compliance with the objectives in terms of costs, quality and timelines
- Manage projects including sub-consultant coordination, chairing meetings and producing meeting minutes
- Effectively produce Site Instructions, Proposed Notices of Changes, and Change Notices
- Review construction progress for projects, issue site review reports and issue progress claims
- Manages and controls project budget, scope of work, costs, quality, risks, HSE, schedule and project close outs
- Experience in commercial buildings and institutional buildings
- Commercial Electrical experience in power distribution, lighting, lighting controls, electrical life safety (fire alarm, exit lights, emergency lights, generators)
- Proposes solutions for improving or optimizing processes, programs and procedures. Helps resolve complex problems requiring a comprehensive and detailed analysis and understanding of his/her discipline
- Performs various work of moderate technical complexity requiring general knowledge of the discipline and its impact on other disciplines
- Contributes to knowledge transfer by providing functional guidance and coaching to the team's less experienced employees
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Revit MEP, ETAP & AGi32 is an asset
- 7+ years of relevant experience and a university degree in Engineering or equivalent
- P.Eng registered with APEGA
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.