is currently seeking a motivated Project Manager / Project Engineer
to join our established Land Development Infrastructure
team, located in our Calgary
office. You will be responsible for undertaking project delivery services primarily in the discipline areas of land development with a focus on private sector clients involving residential, commercial and industrial subdivision and site servicing projects. As part of the engineering design and project management team you will engage with colleagues and deal directly with clients, sub-consultants, and approval agencies.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP...
- You are a self-motivated leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of initiative, motivation, drive, energy and enthusiasm to get the job done
- Ability to work effectively and competently with people at all levels in the organization
- Engage and coordinate with clients, contractors, project team members, stakeholders and the public on various projects;
- Carry out preliminary and detailed design of land development infrastructure, including stormwater management, sanitary sewers, water networks, roads, grading, etc.
- Manage interactions with other team members; Preliminary and detailed contract administration, and field reviews for projects under construction
- Be involved in all stages of a project development from concept to handover to the client, preparing and coordinating technical reports, drawings, specifications, and contract documents; providing support throughout the tender process and assisting with managing construction projects
- Prepare analyses, reports, designs, drawings, specifications, cost estimates, presentations, and reports as required
- Develop and strengthen existing skills and deliver engineering projects in accordance with client requirements and in line with company and industry best practice
- Ensure that solutions offered and delivered reflect the needs of private sector, municipal, provincial, and federal clients as the case may be
- Work effectively with, and coordinate the efforts of, engineering and technical team members
- Preliminary and detailed contract administration, and field reviews for projects under construction
- Ability to apply effective time management and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with Project Managers and Technical staff located in offices across WSP
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Office applications and working knowledge of AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil3D is an asset
- Ability to work to deadlines and see tasks through to completion
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Other duties as assigned
- An undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- 5+ years of progressive experience in the design of land development infrastructure projects is preferred
- Registration in good standing as a P.Eng. in Alberta, or eligibility to be registered, or industry recognized equivalent
- Knowledge of local municipal clients and established relationships is an asset
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal, including teamwork and interpersonal abilities
- High ethical standards in parallel with WSP Corporate Policy, Vision, Mission and Values
- High attention to detail, and an ability to work well as a team player
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.