Finning International Inc.Number of Openings:
Reporting to the Manager of Security Operations, the Intermediate Security Operations Analyst will be responsible for investigating alerts and investigating security incidents produced by security platforms. Additionally, reviewing configurations, monitoring and management across all the information security tools and identifying opportunities for improvement in security posture. Providing off-hours on-call support on a rotation basis is expected.
The ideal candidate for this position is a more experienced member of the SOC, responsible for providing second-level support and providing leadership during security incidents and investigations as well as general guidance and mentoring to other SOC Analysts. Additionally, the Security Analyst will support and work with Security Architects and Engineers to implement projects and technologies, assuring effective operability of security tools to continue to improve the overall security posture.Job Description:
- Firewall management (20%) including annual policy review, reviewing and approving planned and ad-hoc policy rules changes, review and approve IPS policy rules and onboarding new firewalls
- Vulnerability management (20%) including asset scans and mapping
- SIEM alert management (20%) including identifying log parsing errors, advising on remediation activities, review/action of alerts and collaborate on alert optimization
- Email and Endpoint alert and management (30%) including investigate/respond to alerts, system monitoring and contributing towards continuous improvements and upgrades
- Incident response (5%) including reviewing logs, and collaborating to prevent/isolate traffic, solution development and threat analysis
- Security Awareness (5%) posting and writing articles, training employees and raising security awareness best practices
- Subject matter experts in one or more technologies and their interaction with applications.
- Breadth of knowledge across technology disciplines.
- Ability to convert complex information into simple, explainable solutions.
- Possesses a planning orientation with integrative thinking skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts
- Written and verbal communication skills enabling effective articulation of technology solutions and process and procedures to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated project management (planning & reporting) and client relationship skills.
- Four-year Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Three or more years of related work experience (i.e. DLP, Firewall, Vulnerability, SIEM management)
- Certifications in relevant technologies, methods, or platforms are a plus.
- Demonstrate the key critical behaviors of commitment to task, communication, customer focus, decision making / problem solving, flexibility, tolerance of ambiguity, planning, prioritizing, and goal setting
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.