Why WSP? Enhance
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada. WSP has a new opportunity for an Intermediate/Senior Civil Engineer to join the Prairies and North Region's Water Resources Engineering Group on a full-time basis in Edmonton. The water group provides a variety of engineering and environmental water services to many high-profile projects in the Prairie Provinces, Territories, throughout Canada and throughout the world.
The successful candidate will be involved in various civil, hydrotechnical, geotechnical, and mining projects. Your role will include providing team leadership, mentoring, planning, design and construction expertise for water resources-related civil engineering, large earthworks and environmental projects. As a part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will apply your engineering capabilities to a variety of projects. You will work with WSP's clients and your other client contacts to pursue new work for the Water Resources Engineering Group.A day in the life...
What you'll bring to WSP...
- You will be responsible for the preparation of tender packages including drawings, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates;
- You will be leading or managing multi-disciplinary project teams, collaborating and working efficiently with engineers, scientists, and managers at all levels, and communicating effectively with clients;
- You will provide engineering support during construction;
- You will be leading or managing water resources projects, including flood mitigation designs, hydrotechnical assessments/designs, natural channel design and regulatory permitting;
- You will be leading or managing various projects involving hydraulic/hydrologic analyses, including design and construction of hydraulic structures, surface water diversions, water control structures, water intakes, pump stations, surface water outlets to rivers, pipelines and mining infrastructure;
- You will participate in a variety of water resources engineering projects at the proposal, planning and execution stages for engineering construction projects;
- You will manage multiple project deadlines, budgets, and scope changes;
- You will be writing proposals and technical reports;
- You are expected to be leading or managing multi-disciplinary project teams, collaborating and working efficiently with engineers, scientists, and managers at all levels, and communicating effectively with clients;
- You are expected to be developing and sustaining positive business relationships;
- You will offer innovative solutions to clients through business development initiatives;
- You are expected to be providing technical direction and mentoring to junior and intermediate staff;
- You will be expected to be a health and safety leader when conducting business on behalf of WSP.
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering (with experience on construction administration and site inspections);
- Eligibility for immediate registration with APEGA as a Professional Engineer;
- 10 years minimum experience in Civil Engineering design projects;
- Experience with water management infrastructure design and construction (mandatory);
- Experience with tender preparation and construction administration (mandatory);
- Experience with water resources, dams, hydraulic structures, erosion protection, or mine water management (this is an asset);
- Experience with hydraulic or hydrologic modelling assessments in support of engineering studies or design (this is an asset);
- A proven track record of developing and strengthening client relationships;
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, mentoring, writing, and people skills;
- The ability to exhibit a high degree of motivation, strategic planning, self-starting capability and able to work autonomously;
- A team player attitude, and the ability to motivate and lead by example;
- High ethical standards and integrity;
- The ability to write proposals and technical reports;
- A commitment to technical excellence;
- Critical thinking skills for problem solving able to manage and develop business relationships.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.