A career in our International Tax Desk practice, within International Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help multinational companies address their cross border tax needs both locally and globally by managing their global tax rates, finding areas of cost reduction, and responding to inquiries from regulatory authorities. You'll gain a global perspective and an awareness of tax issues stemming from changes to evolving business structures and geographic expansions.\n \nOur team advises our clients on tax laws and reporting, legislation and planning strategies based on the geography and jurisdiction. You'll be assisting our team with local tax laws, reporting requirements, statutory filings, corporate strategy, transfer pricing and indirect tax and other international taxation needs.What to consider before applying
•This role has an option of being based out of our Calgary officePurpose-led work you'll be part of
As an U.S. Tax Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
• Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
• Share and collaborate effectively with others.
• Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
• Handle, manipulate and analyze data and information responsibly.
• Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
• Keep up-to-date with developments in the area of specialism.
• Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials you produce.
• Build and maintain an internal and external network and provide assistance to team members on tax related issues.
• Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
• Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
• Corporate federal and state income tax compliance;
• Tax provision preparation and research at federal and state level; Experience and skills you'll need to solve
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives
• Tax or accounting experience;
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or business;
• Completion of CA or CPA considered an asset;
• Experience with U.S domestic tax issues, including tax research considered an asset;
• Good analytical and organizational skills;
• Strong technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Experience with Go Systems tax preparation software considered as asset;
• Strong written and oral communication abilities, interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment; Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc . Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like. Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs.
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.