A career in our International Tax Desk practice, within International Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help multinational companies address their cross border tax needs both locally and globally by managing their global tax rates, finding areas of cost reduction, and responding to inquiries from regulatory authorities. You'll gain a global perspective and an awareness of tax issues stemming from changes to evolving business structures and geographic expansions.\n\nA career in our International Tax Desk practice, within International Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help multinational companies address their cross border tax needs both locally and globally by managing their global tax rates, finding areas of cost reduction, and responding to inquiries from regulatory authorities. You'll gain a global perspective and an awareness of tax issues stemming from changes to evolving business structures and geographic expansions.\n\nOur team advises our clients on tax laws and reporting, legislation and planning strategies based on the geography and jurisdiction. You'll be assisting our team with local tax laws, reporting requirements, statutory filings, corporate strategy, transfer pricing and indirect tax and other international taxation needs.What to consider before applying
•This role has the option of being based out of our Calgary office. Purpose-led work you'll be part of
As a U.S. Tax Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
• Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
• Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
• Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
• Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
• Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
• Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
• Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
• Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
• Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
• Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct. Additional responsibilities include:
•Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to senior members of the US Corporate Tax team across Canada.
• Plan and review US federal, state, and local tax compliance projects for a broad range of clients.
• Assisting our clients in managing their US tax needs, including but not limited to reorganizations, loss limitation rules, earnings stripping, etc. to a portfolio of diverse clients.
• Assist with matters associated with cross border mergers and acquisitions ranging from due diligence, acquisition and divestiture planning, cross border financing structures, as well as post merger integrations.
• Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients.
• Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen.
• Assist in the management and delivering of large projects.
• Train, coach, and supervise staff across Canada.
• Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues including Federal and state income tax changes and their impact on your client portfolio.
• Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand. Experiences and skills you'll use to solve
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences, developing and coaching diverse teams, and ensuring diverse perspectives are heard;
• Experience in US Federal and state corporate income tax;
• US CPA or Canadian CPA or other relevant professional designation;
• Completion of Masters of US Taxation considered an asset;
• Experience with US domestic and international tax issues including tax research;
• Strong analytical and organizational skills;
• Experience with OneSource or GoSystem and US tax research applications such as Checkpoint, BNA or CCH considered an asset. Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc . Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like. Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs.
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.