Requisition ID: 55116
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
This role is responsible to collaborate in the prevention, detection, response and reporting on allegations of criminal activities on a group wide basis. Participate in the development of strategies to mitigate financial, operational and reputational risk to the Bank. Participate in a region specific team to ensure effective, thorough and appropriate investigations are conducted. Major Accountabilities:
- Assist in the development of strategic global crime awareness initiatives, by providing information toward developing appropriate strategies and plans to create awareness of current criminal trends, both organized and opportunistic.
- Prepare and deliver reports that accurately reflect investigative findings, identify Bank policy and procedural breakdowns and include recommendations to the appropriate business line that are clearly identified to ensure there is no continuance or reoccurrence and the overall risk is mitigated.
- Educate and create awareness throughout the Bank on evolving criminal trends, both organized and opportunistic.
- Conduct research and analysis, prepare and maintain statistical reports.
- Maintain a current understanding of criminal typologies, developing trends, money laundering and terrorist financing issues and indicators.
- Assist in the education of bank employees on how to recognize indicators of fraud and ensure their compliance with effective escalation in a timely manner.
- Cultivate and manage the development of intelligence sources globally, with the objective of advancing the development of investigations on behalf of the bank.
3. Response (Investigation)
- Conduct investigations of low to medium complexity.
- As a member of an investigative team respond to incidents by assessing risk, ensuring case progression is aligned with the action plan and providing line management with clear, concise and timely reporting.
- Maintain high standards of reporting within INV, as the accuracy and thoroughness of the report will be relied upon by Senior Bank staff to make critical decisions.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining quality control in the gathering, preparation and presentation of evidence (criminal, regulatory and civil).
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements globally.
4. Team Leadership and Performance
- Openly accepts new tasks and challenges.
- Assist in the development of staff by promoting a motivating work environment, participating in and assisting with appropriate training and career guidance when requested.
- Promote a team environment and spirit that enhances both team and individual performance.
- Independently develops action plans for low complexity matters and is expected to work with minimum direction and function under the supervision of line management in day to day issues.
- Higher risk situations/issues are referred to the Senior Manager for direction.
- Makes decisions considered mostly routine in the course of the day according to clearly established CS procedures/guidelines.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner.
- On occasion will receive assistance from internal and external resources.
- Ongoing development of functional and behavioural skills will be facilitated through coaching as well as internal/external training and where appropriate, interaction with stakeholders and peers.
- Primarily the role is in an office environment with mobility a key component when investigative requirements dictate. Must be able to deal with situations promptly and effectively requiring immediate action.
- Required to work well beyond regular business hours.
- Situations can often be highly emotional / stressful.
- Frequently re-establishes priorities based on the demands, criminal attacks and the risk of potential loss to the Scotiabank Group of Companies.
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Investigation, Criminal Investigator, Corporate Security, Banking, Legal, Security, Finance