We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
Provide administrative support to the Investment Counselor (IC) in managing their high value portfolios and maximizing their productivity. Prepare and distribute documentation and information to clients; maintain client database and ensure contacts are up to date; assist in preparing client presentations, proposals and other marketing materials; assist the assigned Investment Counselor in resolving client issues and inquiries; take initiative to resolve client issues providing exceptional customer service to high net worth clients; manage new business by ensuring correct and timely investment of assets; assist in following up on client referrals and contacts. How You'll Succeed
Who You Are
Client Service - Follow up on client and Investment Counselor requests to ensure proper settlement and delivery. Investigate and resolve inquiries and complaints related to accounts and refer to the Investment Counselor where appropriate. Develop strong and effective working relationships with clients and third-parties, such as Accountants working with clients.
Administrative Support - Request information and documentation from clients to open accounts. Review incoming mail and telephone calls. Plan and organize activities and required resources to ensure smooth running of office. Manage day-to-day activities of the Investment Counselor in a manner that maximizes availability and effectiveness. Prepare and distribute documentation and information to clients including marketing materials, servicing packages, and proposals. Keep appointment books/agendas for the IC. Order periodicals, journals and other literature for the Investment Counselor. Maintain client files in adherence with audit guidelines and processes.
Operational Support - Support the Investment Counselor through the Investment Policy cycle from creation to trading implementation. Advise of client maturities. Help identify clients whose needs would be best met by a CIBC partner. Maintain and update client contact database. Prepare and complete account closures in a timely manner. Process transactions for clients include wire transactions, cheque deposits/issuances, cash transfers. Implement Investment Policy Statements as per instructions. Review client portfolios monthly to ensure records are in good order.
What CIBC Offers
- You have a Degree in business or a related field. Completion of CSC is an asset.
- You put our clients first. You have well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills and the ability to exercise good judgement independently. You provide a high level of customer service and ensure problem resolution and follow up as required.
- You can demonstrate knowledge of daily market activities sufficient to provide/explain information to clients. You have a general knowledge of the financial industry.
- You understand that success is in the details. You have strong attention to detail and are able to process transactions accurately, while multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What You Need to Know
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
Expected End Date
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Calgary-301-8th Ave. SW, 3rd Employment Type