Join our team
The Future Friendly Home Project Office is a high performing team with motivated individuals. We work with new technologies supporting IPTV, video & content, next generation high speed internet, home security, virtualization and cloud services. Our team works hand in hand with the extended DevOps teams to deliver high profile customer facing initiatives. The team blends technical knowledge with a passion for delivery to achieve success. The impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
As an IT Project Manager II, you will work alongside team members who are focused on executing our Future Friendly Home strategy. You'll plan and guide program deliverables, ensure our internal stakeholders, and partners are educated on risks and challenges and lead the way we execute. Your work will help deliver on strategic direction and ensure we optimize capital investment plans, and enhance revenue opportunities and customer experiences. More specifically, you're efforts will ensure our customers enjoy an evolving and growing customer experience. Here's how
• Leading, managing and prioritizing multiple, concurrent projects in an "agile" environment from conception to delivery
• Understanding the balance between business and technical requirements when introducing a new technology, measured against essential economic and client experience decisions
• Detailed project plan creation and monitoring; actual vs planned
• Plans and coordinates projects and initiatives and understands program management
• Coordination of Scope development
• Schedule & Cost development including variance; actual spend vs planned
• Project Risk plan development and maintenance
• Preparation and communication of Project Status reports
• Validate and rationalize contract and vendor cost estimates
• Provides information to all stakeholders in a manner appropriate for each level
• Maintains detailed project records and communication artifacts
• Structures a project organization to ensure achievement of objectives
• Contribute to a cooperative & positive team environment Qualifications: You're the missing piece of the puzzle
• Regarded as collaborative, creative and willing to take risks and challenge the status quo
• Respected for your experience and/or willingness to work in an agile environment; play the role of scrum master and even help drive transformation/adoption of DevOps in non-traditional scenarios
• Talented at managing large project(s) or a portion of an Enterprise project with high risk, complexity and business impact
• Known for building strong relationships with key stakeholders including senior management across the technology and partnering organizations
• Skilled in engaging with and making presentation to executive leaders Great-to-haves
• With product development or business development experience
• With 5 or more years of Project Management (waterfall and agile).
• With a degree in Computer Science or Engineering, PMP
• Agile Project Management, Certified Scrum Master
• Lean Six Sigma
• SAP experience
• Software and Network knowledge
• Experience with development projects
• Experience with Network projects Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly ® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.