Amazon's IT Support is the first point of contact for technical support service requests. Our IT Support Engineer I spends their day fielding incoming chats, calls, and online requests from Amazon Corporate and its subsidiary employees worldwide. The successful IT Support Engineer I will be customer focused and motivated by team success. You will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of requests. You will also be committed, flexible, and demonstrate the ability to maintain high levels of productivity while maintaining quality support.
• Provides Escalations Support through chat, phone, and tickets handling complex issues requiring advanced troubleshooting skills to Amazon corporate employees worldwide.
• Provides clear communication to customers ensuring they understand what the issue is, how it was resolved, and ability to share self-service options if available.
• Analyzes problems, identifies resources to solve, works through proposed fixes, and follows up with customer to ensure the problem has been resolved.
• Escalates any identified system or network outage impacting several customers to the correct service owners to mitigate downtime and impact.
• Updates and creates standard operating procedures (SOP) to improve the teams' knowledge through knowledge management.
• Manages a fluctuating case count of trouble tickets ensuring the customer is always updated on next steps through resolution.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
• Documents chat, call, and ticket logs with accurate and summarized details.
• Provides OnCall Escalations Support for multiple teams within IT Services.
• Assists with coaching and developing talent at the role level.
• Assists with technical projects.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Associate's degree in Computer science or IT related field, or 2+ year's IT systems or relevant experience
• Advanced experience with one or more of the following Operating Systems; Windows, Mac OS, Linux
• Intermediate experience with one or more of the following Active Directory, Exchange Management, and SharePoint Management
• Intermediate experience in executing and understanding scripting and configuration management tools
• Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems while being resourceful
• Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
• Display a commitment to quality and strong multi-tasking skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer science or IT related field, or 4+ year's IT systems or relevant experience
• Advanced experience with two or more of the following Operating Systems; Windows, Mac OS, Linux
• Advanced experience with Active Directory, Exchange Management, and SharePoint Management
• Advanced experience in executing and understanding scripting and configuration management tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Information Technology Operations and Logistics