Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office
You thrive in a fast-paced client-focused environment. You're a creative thinker that loves solving integration problems leading to major impacts for the customer - if that is you, then Omnia AI is where you want to be. What will your typical day look like?
As aJava Software Engineer
, you are passionate about developing custom solutions or enhancing packaged applications, are driven to learn about them and keep up with market evolution. You will play an active role throughout the entire engagement cycle, specializing in developing workflows, integrations and APIs using frameworks like Spring, data ingestion frameworks, data pipeline development, Hadoop-based data lake architectures and orchestration. You are enthusiastic about continuous learning, have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, are tech savvy and have a solid understanding of software development.
About the team
- Develop integrations and APIs using Spring Framework
- Develop data ingestion pipelines to populate on-premises or cloud-based data lakes, NoSQL solutions etc.,
- Translate business rules and requirements into data objects, produce associated data mappings and write abstracted, reusable code components accordingly
- Deploy and integrate solutions on the cloud and on-premises
- Facilitate technical meetings with client staff and advise client with technical option analyses based on leading practices
OurData Modernization & Analytics teamhelps clients design and implement the data platform architectures - be it in the cloud or on-premise - required to enable cutting-edge BI solutions. You will be part of a practice to deliver a breadth of solutions to solve our clients most challenging business problems, with a focus on Big Data, BI/DW, Data Integration, Data Governance, Master Data and Analytics applications. Each of these applications leverages a different mix of traditional and innovative technologies to achieve business outcomes.
The Integration Modernization Practice helps clients manage the complexity inherent in today's diverse business landscape while supporting them in consolidating or customizing multiple technologies. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on delivering a breadth of solutions to solve our clients most challenging business problems, with a focus on Integration Platforms, API design, and Micro and Web Services. We help our customers to reduce costs and risks by simplifying integration with existing systems and supporting them in all aspects of creating customized and innovative digital solutions.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- Strong development skills in Java, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud and familiarity with streaming platforms (like Confluent and Kafka)
- Solid understanding of databases, application architectures, open source frameworks etc
- Good understanding of data modeling, complex SQL queries, extracting and importing disparate data from source systems, and data manipulation based on requirements
- Exposure to Agile development methods in data-oriented projects
- Knowledge of Linux, shell scripting etc
- Strong candidates will also have some of the following capabilities:
- Certifications in Java, AWS, Azure, GCP and/or Hadoop distributions
- Experience with implementation of data security, encryption, identity and access management across sources and environments
- Knowledge of software configuration management environments and tools such as JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Bitbucket, etc
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in quantitative areas such as Computer Science, Information Management, or related field is desired
- If you believe you have what it takes to be a successful member of our team, please apply now. We know your career is important to you and it's important to us, too. This role is just the first step of a highly successful career we can help you build.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Cloud, Developer, Java, Software Engineer, Open Source, Technology, Engineering