Jr. AV Analyst (CARD2475)
Reference ID: %7B84FEA0D5-458F-4B0E-9FF7-AF723A70C605%7D
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Fortinet has an exciting opportunity for you to join our Anti-Virus Analyst team in Burnaby. You have an appetite for learning botnets, viruses, and other malicious software analysis techniques to make the world a safer place. Build your malware knowledge and reverse engineer different types of malware -- file infectors, network worms, Trojans, backdoors, rootkits, etc...
Fortinet has a training program for all Anti-Virus Analysts where you will learn with your peers, how to analyze viruses and help our customers detect and understand the behavior of malware. As a new grad, this extensive training will help you excel in your role to become an expert in this field and prepare you for a range of internal growth opportunities, as Fortinet is recognized as a company that continually promotes from within.
- Virus/malware replication and analysis
- Analyze customers' inquiries and submissions of virus/malware
- Develop virus/malware detection algorithms in proprietary description language
- Write descriptions of virus/malware for publication on Fortinet's website
- Develop programs/scripts for virus/malware analysis and replication
Job Skills Required:
- Experience and understanding of software programming (C/C++)
- Experience and understanding of Intel x86 assembly language is an asset
- Fast learner with a good attitude
- Team player
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Empowered to make a difference in network security
- Diploma of Technology or Bachelors of Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering
Please submit a copy of your academic transcript with your resume.
Posted: December 3, 2018
Closes: February 1, 2019