Jr Software Dev Engineer: Job Description
Are you passionate about innovation and developer experience at scale? Are you interested in working on an amazing team that is building new experiences from the ground up? Amazon is seeking excellent university students to work in an internship program located in Vancouver.
Our Internship Program
Our internship program is special in several respects:
- We offer work year-round, 16 hrs/week while in school and full-time during summer breaks. Working schedules are re-arranged each semester to accommodate class schedules.
- We offer excellent mentoring. We require our full-time software developers to be able and willing to mentor exceptionally capable young developers.
- We give our interns responsibilities and roles which will prepare them to enter the workforce with "real world" software programming experience.
We pay competitive market rates to our interns. Graduates who participate in our program routinely say that the real reason they're here is for the valuable learning experience, especially because of the uniform excellence of the team they work with, the mentoring offered by experienced developers, and the challenge of being a principal contributor to software products. They say it's like taking an additional practicum course that complements their university experience.
Graduate date Fall 2023 or later
Ability to work min 16 hours week
Systems knowledgePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Solid knowledge of JAVA or equivalent
- Networking knowledge
- Advanced programming classes completed at University
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming