is currently seeking a Junior Acoustic, Noise and Vibration Specialist
to join our Environment team to help deliver existing projects and develop new business opportunities. The WSP Air, Noise, and Vibration team consists of a dynamic group of environmental engineers, mechanical engineers, engineering interns, and environmental technologists with strong technical skills and existing client relationships. This role offers a variety of work, blended between field and office time performing projects related to proposal pursuit, reporting, design, monitoring, and client development. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completing, or directing, background documentation reviews, field investigations, data analysis, and preparing reports to document findings;
- Completing, or directing, field investigations for noise and vibration impacts studies
- Design oversight and confirmation for design build teams;
- Provide excellent client management to existing and potential clients;
- Collaborate with other disciplines within WSP with respect to multi-faceted/multi-disciplinary projects;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma specializing in Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline; a post-graduate degree or diploma in an environmental field will be considered an asset;
- 3+ years of experience as a consultant in the industry with prior experience with Acoustical Engineering;
- Experience completing acoustical monitoring, investigations, and/or modelling;
- Experience with design build projects, proposals, and client development;
- Strong organization skills and ability to schedule multiple tasks at various stages of projects, including field work and reporting;
- Attention to detail, including documentation;
- Self-motivated and independent worker who is able to work in a team environment and adapt to changing priorities in the field while demonstrating the ability to advance in their career;
- Logical thinking ability and the initiative to apply knowledge and suggest practical solutions to field challenges;
- Occasional travel may be required to remote locations;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and is flexible to work on a wide variety of projects, tasks and assignments, responding easily to changing priorities;
- Excellent English (verbal /written) communication skills;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate effectively and to proactively respond to time-sensitive issues;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products;
- Must have reliable access to a vehicle with adequate insurance coverage as well as a full driver's license and clean driver's abstract.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.