We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change. As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.A day in the life:
We'd love to hear from you if you have ...
- Preparing and adhering to site-specific health and safety plans to mitigate or eliminate risks to you, WSP's clients, employees, and the public
- Identifying and reporting potential and existing site hazards, near loss incidents, and loss incidents
- Maintaining excellent field notes and collecting and handling soil and groundwater samples
- Carrying out fieldwork (i.e. groundwater monitoring, K-test data collection and analysis, soils sampling through test pit excavations or borehole drilling, subcontractor supervision, and drilling investigations, etc.) or office assignments under the direction of more experienced scientists and technical employees
- Supervising subcontractors for ground disturbance and utility location, surveying, borehole drilling, groundwater monitoring well installation, and test pit excavation
- Overseeing remedial contractors including directing remedial excavations, waste tracking and progress reporting
- Preparing and coordinating project documentation, subcontractors, and equipment for field programs
- Filing and managing all project-related field notes including some data entry and assistance with report preparation
- Performing and recording work tasks as requested efficiently and accurately while adhering to current industry standards and regulatory requirements
- Diploma in environmental or geological technology;
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English;
- Experience with soil and ground water sampling;
- Willingness to work in the field - remote work;
- Strong interpersonal communication and key judgement skills;
- Sound understanding of the need for health and safety procedures in the workplace and possess a safety conscious attitude;
- Strong teamwork skills;
- Valid drivers license;
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Maintenance and Technicians