Quality Assurance Technician-Full Time
It's more than just the white, granular seasoning that enhances the flavor of so many foods. Salt is one of the most widely used minerals on Earth. It's a natural preservative that inhibits the growth of bacteria, and is an essential element in our diet.
Join a winning team in our Lindbergh Facility in the Alberta, two hours from Edmonton, between Bonnyville, Loydminster, St. Paul and a short drive to Cold Lake. Our facility has 50+ employees dedicated to safety, quality and customer service. We produce a large variety of salt for different uses.
Quality Assurance Technician
We are currently looking for an Qaulity Assurance Technician with previous food grade experience for a full time position. In this position, the incumbent will be responsible for facility level quality system implementation and continuous improvement, maintenance of quality- system documentation, and review of test records and data.
- Accountable for assisting in facility level quality system implementation and continuous improvement
- Accountable for root cause analysis, investigation, and documentation of product/process deviations and nonconformance issues
- Accountable and responsible for assisting in implementing corporate-driven quality initiatives, projects, and investigations
- Accountable and responsible for coordinating mock product and material recalls and withdrawals
- Responsible for assisting in food safety and food security regulatory compliance
- Responsible for assisting in quality related instruction, inspection, testing, and approval of maintenance and repair work
- Responsible for assisting in corrective and preventative action follow-up
- Implements laboratory testing procedures in compliance with Government Standards
- Assists in the development and design of computer programs for the storing of lab data.
- Responsible for assisting in the review of COA’s and COC templates
- Responsible for providing daily support to department and facility associate quality related inquiries
- Responsible for assisting and reviewing plant inspection and testing records
- Responsible for assisting in the generation, review, and revision of SOP’s, Work Instructions, and forms
- Responsible for industrial and consumer complaint investigation and response
- Responsible for assisting with Quality program training
- Responsible for maintaining safety, quality, and legality of all product and ensuring employees do likewise
- Must ensure principles of HACCP are followed throughout the plant and by all employees
- Responsible for back-up support to QA Coordinator
- Responsible for the generation, distribution, tracking and organization of nonconforming material rejection reports
- Responsible for ordering general quality department supplies and equipment
- Responsible for coordination of the destruction of records per retention protocol
- Responsible for the weekly review of pest control documentation and for taking corrective actions to address noted deficiencies
- Responsible for assisting in new material/supplier qualifications
- Monitors plant effluents in accordance of Ministry of Environment regulations. Assists in the completion of written reports of findings and when necessary, accompanies other Government regulatory agencies during their inspections of the plant and provides necessary follow up reporting.
The Quality Technicain will perform the duties of the Quality Coordinator when on vacation or absent
- Minimum of a four year science degree, chemistry preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience operating in a food production packaging environment.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Computer proficient. SAP experience preferred
- Quality system experience preferred – ISO 9001:2000, CFIA GMP’s – Food
Ability to read and follow detailed instructions
Good physical capacity
Good work ethic
Benefits and Wages
Very competitive wage
Overtime may be required
K+S Windsor Salt is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based on job related reasons regardless of applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientations, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Posted: January 29, 2019
Closes: February 28, 2019