is seeking a creative Intermediate Landscape Architectural Technologist or Designer
with foundational technical skills and enthusiasm for Landscape Architecture. If you are looking to grow your career, take on more responsibility and have multifaceted project experience with very competitive compensation then this is a great opportunity for you. With highly experienced intermediate and senior staff and a broad network of support nationally you will be exposed to plenty of mentorship and training opportunities.
This position is based in Calgary
. Although a global company, we are a relationship driven business that focuses on a work life balance - a key factor in our hybrid work environment.
We serve the private, public, and institutional sectors on a wide range of projects across Canada with a focus on environmentally responsible, socially conscious high-quality design. You will be involved in a wide range of projects, from small to large scales, with exposure through from conceptual design to contract administration. Our areas of focus include urban revitalization, master planning, urban and regional parks, public spaces and plazas, complete streets, multi-use trails, transit facilities, infrastructure, commercial, institutional, land development and ecologically based landscapes. You bring a curious mindset and thoughtful, collaborative approach to design. Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Working closely with our landscape architects, designers and other landscape team members;
- Collaborate with WSP's other multidisciplinary teams on a wide range of project types;
- Assist in our landscape design service delivery work including: preparation of schematic illustrations and presentation works; development of visualizations and graphics; detail design services including preparing of base plans and construction-level drawings and specifications ; cost estimating; contract and tender document preparation; contract administration services (potentially including inspection and construction management during project life)
- Participate and contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning opportunities.
The following qualifications are strongly desired:
- A Diploma as a Landscape Architectural Technologist or similar related design education;
- 3-5+ years of professional experience working in a landscape architectural team or office;
- An understanding of regulatory frameworks, project development, and implementation;
- Skills in Autocad production is required, knowledge of the assembly of construction documentation packages, material selection, specifications and cost estimating within a multi-disciplinary environment;
- Proficiency in Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and other standard software packages;
- Keen understanding of the technical execution of a detail drawing set;
- Excellent written, verbal communications skills and growing interpersonal skills with the ability to coordinate and communicate with various professional disciplines;
- Preliminary experience in construction management support, production of contract documents, and supporting the contract administration process is preferred. Field experience is an asset;
- Foundational organizational skills with the ability to work independently as well as work closely with team members on multiple project tasks;
- An enthusiastic and collaborative mindset with a desire to work in a team setting to find creative solutions that are technically sound;
- A valid driver's license to conduct site reviews and attend meetings on WSP's behalf.
- Membership in the AALA or reciprocity eligible;
- Experience on a variety of landscape architecture projects in Alberta will be considered an asset;
- Strong experience in contract administration and construction coordination will be considered an asset.
- Background in public and/or institutional sectors will also be considered an asset
- Supporting project coordination / project management experience is an asset;
- Experience in supporting the preparation of specifications is an asset;
- Proficiency in MicroStation, Civil3D, SketchUp, Revit, Rhino and GIS are assets;
- ISA Certification is an asset; and
- Fluency in written and spoken French is an asset.
We request applicants submit a RESUME AND PORTFOLIO
(PDF or website link) highlighting relevant work experience. Please limit PDF files to 10MB.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.