Grow, Learn and lead at every point in your career with KPMG.
KPMG Law LLP in Calgary is seeking a Law Associate to join our tax litigation and disputes practice. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills, work with new clients and industries, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice. What you will do
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on diverse and intellectually challenging files that involve all aspects of income tax planning and tax dispute management.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting clients in responding to federal and provincial audits, preparing notices of objection and written representations to the Canada Revenue Agency, and assisting with litigation in various courts.
- Researching and drafting memoranda and legal opinions on various income tax and commodity tax issues.
- Providing advice to clients on income tax consequences in transactional and non-transactional matters.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2 to 4 years of Canadian tax law experience gained at a leading law firm or accounting firm (tax litigation experience preferred but not required)
- JD or LLB with academic credentials, as well as current enrollment or completion of the In-Depth Tax Course or a LLM with tax law focus.
- Membership in good standing in a Canadian law society
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to multi-task, organize and meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent research, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to locate and research information efficiently, use it effectively and evaluate the quality.
- Negotiates effectively by identifying common ground and potential solutions that are beneficial to all parties.
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities.
- Highly motivated individual with a desire for growth.
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to understand the clients' businesses and needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relations.
- Deliver quality service and value to clients.
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism in the performance of duties.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
Please include a cover letter and transcripts with the application package. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process
, please contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3. KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org