August 4, 2021
Reporting to the Senior Environment Coordinator, the Lead Environment, Compliance will be responsible for maintaining regulatory compliance with Provincial and Federal legislation, including, the execution of closure environmental monitoring plans. In addition, the role will be required to support reclamation and remediation planning and execution.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, who has proven abilities supervising a team of direct reports and effectively engaging with senior management on a variety of complex issues. This role requires someone who can work collaboratively with others and build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Excellent planning and organizational skills, as well as the ability to influence employees at all levels to improve environmental compliance is necessary.
This role is based in Hinton, Alberta, supporting Teck's Cardinal River mine, located near the Hamlet of Cadomin, Alberta. In this dynamic role, you will have the chance to get in on all the action, from reclamation to water, working at one of Canada's most unique mine sites for closure. Come join a tight knit environment team of professionals who are passionate about addressing complicated environmental challenges. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Lead environmental management systems and projects required to maintain compliance with laws, approvals (water management and reclamation) and support Teck's sustainability initiatives
- Provide contractor management and supervision to external consultant and contract teams
- Work with operation and maintenance teams to support the execution of water management projects
- Prepare various professional reports, applications, and submissions for internal and government audiences
- Train field crews on data management and specific software
- Degree or Diploma in Environmental Science or Engineering, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in environmental monitoring and project management in the natural resource sector, preferably in mining
- Demonstrated experience in a supervisory role
- Sound working knowledge and technical experience in water quality, fisheries, contaminated site remediation and reclamation, including data analysis, interpretation, and reporting required. Knowledge of relevant federal and provincial environmental laws and policies is preferred.
- Strong understanding and experience with environmental monitoring databases
- Knowledge in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral developmentwith major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources. Job Segment:
Compliance, Environmental Engineering, Engineer, Information Systems, Law, Legal, Engineering, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance