The Accounting and Control Analyst is responsible for supporting the accounting function through preparation of accurate and timely monthly Financial Statements and supporting schedules for satellite systems - Montreal, per corporate reporting requirements. Tasks
- Supports the Manager, Accounting & Control in ensuring Financial Statements and Corporate reporting packages (FRs, MRs, etc) are prepared accurately and on a timely basis.
- Performs analysis of Financial Statements, of program revenues, expenses and overhead expenses.
- Ensures adherence to Accounting Policies and Procedures and to any revisions.
- Maintains and controls general ledger system - WIP, AR, AP, Cash, etc, through related account analysis and reconciliations.
- Analyses and reviews foreign taxes/sale taxes self-assessment.
- Assesses general accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvements to Manager, Accounting & Control.
- Leads automation of accounting systems and reports.
- Acts as liaison for system implementation between Finance and IT.
- Conducts CSOX quarterly audits and manages internal financial audits, by maintaining processes and preparing supporting documentation
- Assists and mentors the General Accounting team.
- Plans the implementation and testing of special projects to ensure accuracy of financial information.
- Acts as Manager, Accounting & Control&rsquo s delegate in her absence.
Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in general accounting
- Must be familiar with full accounting cycle (A/R, A/P, Fixed Assets, General accounting)
- Must possess strong accounting knowledge, analysis expertise and good leadership qualities.
- Must be able to work well under pressure to achieve short deadlines, to function well independently with minimum supervision.
- Must possess initiative and effective problem-solving capabilities as well as good potential for development.
- CPA designation
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance