Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Insurance is part of TD Bank Group, one of Canada's largest financial institutions. TD Insurance helps protect clients from the 'accidents of life' with a wide range of products including credit protection, life, health, travel, home and auto insurance. With more than three million clients, TD Insurance authorized products and services are available online, over the phone, and through a network of more than 1,000 TD Canada Trust branches.
In Canada, we have two lines of business, General Insurance and Life and Health. Our General Insurance business is one of the top home and auto insurance groups in Canada and the national leader in group insurance and affinity marketing. Our Life and Health business is the number one provider of critical illness insurance and direct life and health insurance in Canada.
At TD Insurance, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. With a Canada-wide workforce of over 4,000 employees and offices in Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ontario and Alberta, our company is always growing and can help you to grow. TD Insurance offers a stable and dynamic work environment where talent is appreciated and professional development is taken seriously. More than just a job, we offer rewarding careers. Job Description
"Under close supervision, provides standard legal
assistant and reception support for one or more staff
Lawyers; maintains a close and highly responsive
relationship to the day-to-day activities of the Lawyer(s). Requirements
- Prepares, through transcription of written or recorded
- documents, standard legal documents i.e. correspondence,
- factums, motions, summonses etc.
- Drafts standard legal documents, correspondence and
- pleadings for review by lawyer(s). Edits grammar,
- punctuation and spelling as needed.
- Handles routine inquiries in Lawyer's absence i.e., negotiates
- extensions of time.
- Manages lawyer's calendar i.e., schedules appointments,
- coordinates appearances. Resolves scheduling conflicts with
- Attorney's approval.
- Answers select telephone inquiries based on knowledge of case and provide reception coverage for office as needed.
- Responds to written or telephone inquiries with a standard letter.
- Establishes, maintains, and when necessary, revises lawyer's files.
- Performs additional duties as requested such as:
- Arranges medical exams.
- Maintains lists of witnesses, Subpoenas, fees, etc.
- Requests fees for payment from Claims department.
- Participates in arranging lawyer's files for easy access during trials.
- Informs witnesses of scheduled court appearances.
- Maintains Law Library.
- And other miscellaneous duties as may be assigned from time to time.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Posted: February 14, 2019
Closes: April 15, 2019