We are committed to connecting Canadians through unique partnerships, our world-class network and content Canadians love-and our innovative team is growing. We are looking for dedicated team members to join our Corporate team who have a genuine passion for making positive impacts on customers and the communities where we live and work. We have a variety of business units with exciting and meaningful work waiting for you, including Communications, HR, Legal and Corporate Affairs, Supply Chain, Finance, and Real Estate. If you are considering your next step, we have exciting opportunities waiting for you. Come build a rewarding career at Rogers and be a driving force behind our success story! Who we're looking for:
Rogers Communications Inc. is Canada's national communications company, engaged in three primary lines of business - wireless, cable and media. The legal department, which is comprised of more than 70 legal professionals, advises on some of the most challenging and cutting edge issues facing the telecommunications and media industries in Canada. What you'll do:
What you bring:
- Supporting Rogers' various business units, you will be principally responsible for providing legal and strategic support to Rogers Business, which provides products and services to enterprise and wholesale customers.
- You will work on a broad range of corporate/commercial matters supporting Rogers' network, wholesale, enterprise sales and carrier relations teams, working at the forefront of building and maintaining Rogers' industry leading fibre network.
- This is a hybrid work position based in Rogers' downtown Calgary office.
- The successful candidate must be a member of theLaw Society of Albertaand have:
- a minimum of 3-6 years of corporate/commercial experience gained from a major law firm or company;
- experience with technology and IP licences is an asset;
- experience with indefeasible rights of use is an asset;
- experience acquired in the telecommunications industry is an asset;
- experience with rights of way and municipal access agreements is an asset;
- strong written and oral communication skills;
- strong work ethic with the ability to multitask and prioritize requests in a fast-paced environment;
- strong ability to explain legal issues in simple terms;
- business acumen;
- strong interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- a strong customer/client focused profile;
- a strong sense of organization with a keen attention to detail and accuracy;
- an ability to distill complex legal issues into simple decisions and advise internal stakeholders accordingly;
- an interest in and understanding of intellectual property and privacy issues.
The position requires the ability to both assist working-level teams and advise senior executives on strategic initiatives. Rogers is an entrepreneurial company where employees are committed to meeting big challenges and making a real difference.This exciting company is constan What's in it for you?
We believe in investing in our people and helping them reach their potential as valuable members of our team. As part of our team, you'll have access to a wide range of incredible resources, growth opportunities, discounts, and perks, including:
- Competitive salary & annual bonus
- Competitive & flexible health and dental benefits, pension plan, RRSP, TFSA, and Stock matching programs.
- Discounts: Enjoy up to 50% off Rogers Services and Blue Jays Tickets, 25% off TSC items, and a 20% discount on all wireless accessories sold in Rogers stores.
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Company matching contributions to charities you support
- Growth & Development Opportunities:
- Self-driven career development programs (E.g. MyPath program) o Rogers First: priority in applying to internal roles of interest
- Wellness Programs:
- Homewood employee & family assistance program o Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) & Virtual therapy sessions o Low or no-cost fitness membership with access to virtual classes
- Our commitment to the environment and diversity:
- Work for an organization committed to environmental protection o Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion with employee resource groups supporting equity-deserving groups including groups representing People of Colour, 2SLGBTQIA+, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Women. We all bring something different, and we know what makes us different makes us great.
This is a hybrid work position and will require you to be in office three days per week. You can choose which days in office work best for you! If you are selected to move forward in the recruitment process, here is what you can expect:
- 15-minute phone screen with your recruiter, 1-hour virtual interview with Hiring Manager, 30-minute final round virtual interview with Director of the team. Best of luck!
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 600, 500 4th Ave SW (056), Calgary, AB
Travel Requirements: No Selection
Posting Category/Function: Legal & Corporate Commercial
Requisition ID: 300773
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Calgary, AB, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Intellectual Property, Law, Real Estate, Network, Telecom, Legal, Sales, Technology
Apply now »
Law Enforcement and Security