Our client, a well-respected and reputable Calgary law firm, is currently seeking an experienced Litigation Support Legal Assistant/Paralegal to join their team.
Duties of this role will include:
- Maintenance and updating of knowledge of available litigation support systems and software
- Understanding of basic eDiscovery Analytics concepts and how to implement those technologies
- Design, implement, update and maintain litigation databases and coordinate loading records
- Provide support to lawyers regarding document searching, retrieval and reporting
- Prepare and implement procedures and protocols for workflow, coding, trial books, appeal books, scanning and unitization, and affidavit of records
- Train other Litigation Support staff on best practices, software use and other tasks
- Prepare documents for production including coding, consistency checks, reporting and production exports
- Monitor job progress, making adjustments to ensure deadlines are met & identify delays
- Participate in training and professional development opportunities
- Provide Paralegal support on all files
Successful candidates should be graduates of an accredited Legal Assistant/Paralegal diploma and be either a senior level Litigation Legal Assistant or an intermediate level Litigation Paralegal. Previous experience using eDiscovery is beneficial, but this is not mandatory.
This is a great opportunity to work with a close-knit and collegial team & have the added bonus of reporting to and learning from a very reputable individual in the industry. This firm offers a fantastic work environment, attractive compensation, a terrific health & benefits package and an in-house gym for staff use.
For more information on this exciting opportunity or to apply, please submit your resume for consideration.
Connect with employer:
About ZSA Legal Recruitment
ZSA Legal Recruitment is Canada’s largest national legal recruitment firm specializing in the recruitment and placement of lawyers, legal support staff and law firm management. We work closely wit...