LSL/SRED Quality TechnicianSlave Lake, Alberta
The LSL/SRED Quality Technician will report to the technical coordinators. The role will be responsible for performing and executing LSL Quality Control and executing, trialing and reporting out on SRED activities.Duties & Qualifications:
Duties will include
- Quality Control and product testing on all LSL products.
- Training operations on Quality Control specifications on the LSL rip-line when commissioned.
- Working with all departments on continuous improvement projects in all areas of the mill.
- Meeting with Tolko staff to brainstorm future SRED projects.
- Analyzing data and completing reports for the SRED program.
- Other lab duties as assigned.
- Previous lab experience in an OSB mill is an asset
- Sound knowledge of statistical data analysis using Minitab and InfinityQS.
- Experience with Designing Experiments.
- Sound Understanding of OSB/OSL manufacturing
- Some formal training in wood science/statistical process control
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!We offer:
For more information, check out our latest YouTube video!A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side-by-side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until November 23, 2018.We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019