Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
The Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Advisory group is seeking a Senior Associate, M&A Analytics & Visualization. This role is critical with respect to providing analytically M&A transaction support to our clients. This individual will play a pivotal role in shaping the analytics and visualization capabilities of Deloitte's M&A teams in Calgary. The ideal candidate for this position will be a highly driven self-starter with the ability to bridge the gap between data analytics / visualization and financial analysis expertise.
As a Senior Associate, M&A Analytics you will be required to:
• Collaborate extensively with the broader M&A Analytics team across Canada to build & grow the M&A Analytics practice in Eastern Canada
• Quickly develop an understanding of the target business and its drivers
• Perform interpretation and analysis of information memoranda and business plans
• Transform datasets from a variety of inputs to create an analytics data set that can be used to characterize the performance of companies
• Develop static & interactive data visualizations of historical financial trends, business performance drivers, quality of earnings, working capital, cash flow, etc to communicate business insights to clients
• Clearly and effectively communicate requirements, timelines and insights to both internal Deloitte team members, as well as clients
• Liaise with Advanced Analytics & AI teams as and when needed to provide value added services to clients
• Build effective relationships and manage end to end projects and client deliverables timely and effectively
External Posting Qualifications
• Completed undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Business, Statistics, Computer Science or Engineering with outstanding academic credentials.
• Strong financial and business acumen (MBA/CPA/CFA an asset)
• 2-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably with a focus on Finance/Commerce and strong exposure to business analytics and data visualization.
• Corporate Finance and/or M&A experience considered an asset
• Strong Knowledge of Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview, or other BI tools
• Strong knowledge of SQL, PowerQuery, Advanced Excel, Statistical Analysis or Alteryx an asset
• Ability to cleanse, transform & manipulate client data to facilitate analysis / visualization
• Ability to manage, analyze and present findings from large volumes of data
• Proven analytical skills and systematic problem solving
• Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
• Canadian travel and occasional international travel required. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments
• Superior verbal and written communication skills, in both English and French is essentialWhy Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Posted: February 13, 2019
Closes: April 14, 2019