Permanent Reference code
:107761 Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary, AB Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Develop your industry knowledge and technical and other abilities rapidly so that you become famous for what you do and require minimum manager supervision;
- Work on client engagement teams executing VCS advisory services, supporting key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for turnarounds and/or M&A transactions;
- Conduct detailed research and analysis of client, industry and market performance and develop practical strategies and action plans, including the supporting financial analysis, models and implementation plans
Deloitte's Value Creation Services (VCS) team offers its clients cross-functional advisory services when deadlines are often urgent. We help solve our client's most complex business and performance challenges, whether they be in thriving or distressed business transformation situations, or the cut-and-thrust environment of M&A.What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Associate, you'll have the opportunity to work across the full range of VCS services. If you asked one of our current Analysts or Senior Associates about the types of things they've actually done over the past year, their answer would likely include:
• Assessed a client's state of M&A readiness with respect to people, resources, planning, data collection and strategy, while identifying significant-risks, issues, interdependences and opportunities for overall improvement;
• Assisted with the assessment and configuration of a client's target operating model, and the identification of its synergies and key value drivers;
• Delivered one or more aspects of hypothesis-driven broad and rapid EBITDA improvement. For example completing work on: market assessments, pricing studies, sales and marketing effectiveness, product and customer profitability, value analysis, supply chain, cost efficiency and organizational structure redesign and working capital management;About the team
The VCS team works in many industries but has a particular focus on Consumer, Industrials, Energy and Natural Resources, Cannabis and Financial Services. You can read more about the industries supported on our website https://www2.deloitte.com/ca/en.html
We focus on:
• Enterprise Profitability (EP): Our EP Service identifies and implements opportunities that radically improve its client's EBITDA and cash flow. The service helps clients with rapid revenue and market growth initiatives; cost reduction; working capital optimization; and business model transitions, transformations and modernization.
• Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD): Our EDD Service offers Operational, IT, Commercial and HR due diligence to help clients drive informed bids, frame out risk factors, uncover value potential through synergy reviews, and get a head start on post-merger integration planning.
• M&A Execution (MA): Our MA Service works with clients pre- and post-signing to design, plan and execute merger and acquisition transition programs. Our work helps to maximize the deal value, minimize Day 1 disruption, accelerate and de-risk deal closing. This service also helps clients to determine their future state operating model by function and develop and implement the roadmap to close and beyond.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• Consulting or financial planning & analysis experience would be considered an asset;
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English and/or French;
• Understanding of and/or exposure to the M&A lifecycle at an operational level;
• Experience in or an understanding of significant organizational events (e.g. restructuring, business transformation or turnaround) and how clients typically respond to them by rapidly improving their revenues, reducing their costs and improving their working capital and business models.
• A demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as financial analysis or modeling, market research and analysis, project problem diagnosis & solution development;
• Being bilingual in business French is an asset
"At Deloitte we value the opportunity to network and build relationships with skilled individuals, even in periods where we are not actively hiring. If you would like to apply to this future opportunity role, and have the required qualifications, you can expect to be contacted by the recruitment team"Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
M&A, Market Research, Supply Chain, Equity, Developer, Management, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Technology
Management and Executive