Permanent Primary Location:
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
Have many careers in one Firm.Interested in developing your career in Audit-Assurance? Looking for a fast growing and challenging environment? Apply to the position below!What will your typical day look like?
Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
About the team
- Review and contribute to the planning and execution of Accounting and Transaction Advisory projects;
- Serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country, as the opportunity arises
- Contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice
- Develop and lead timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients
- Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel
The Assurance Services group is rapidly expanding.This established practice will continue to serve as the core Accounting Advisory "center of excellence". Those joining the team will focus on Complex Accounting & Transaction Expertise and Accounting Standards Implementation Services focusing on three primary industry sectors including financial services, real estate and the public sector. We are looking for professionals conversant in IFRS, US GAAP, ASPE (Accounting Standards for Private Entities), and PSAS (Public Sector Accounting Standards).Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- Must have a CPA, CA designation or equivalency and possess a minimum 5 years of relevant work experience with public companies
- Must possess strong audit & advisory technical skills (GAAP, securities and regulatory perspectives) and solid knowledge of IFRS and/or US GAAP accounting standards
- Capacity to think critically about issues from a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons of different options, proposed solution) and aptitude in researching accounting standards and related interpretive guidance
- Effective consensus building, conflict resolution, and team-building skills, including being a role model for others and imparting knowledge and experience to junior team members
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having a diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production